• Browser buttons and Appshttp://pinterest.com/about/goodies/
• Post from the original source • Pin from permalinks • Give credit and a thoughtful Pin description • Create boards* • No need to follow everyone who follows youTip: drag and drop images toGoogle Images to find originalsource http://pinterest.com/about/help/ Meme - http://kmohman.tumblr.com/post/15512852428/pin-all-the-things
• Reading• Find/Share Infographics
• Repin (post it to your board)• Comment (start a discussion)• Like (like it )
Share pictures • @ your library • In Your Community • Archival/Special Collections • Get InspiredCheck Out: Ringling, St Johns County, Collier,
• What’s New• Book Lists• Recommended Reading• Book Club Selections
Tie-Ins with Slideshare, YouTube, Flickr, Etsy and more
• Add Pinterest to all social media advertising• Link Facebook and Pinterest and cross post*• Promote Pinterest through contests and cross promote Most important – WOMM!
• Collaborate with Users• Create a Contest• Gather pics from an event/user feedback• Create a “Shared Board”
• Virtual Brainstorms• Inspiration Boards• Wish Lists• Share Books, Resources, and more
• Analyze repins, likes, followers, comments, referrals & adjust• Space postings• Set-up your library’s profile – and tie-it to other social media• Write Descriptions – link back to your site, blog,• Add Pinterest to your overall Social Media PlanMost Importantly:• Play, Experiment and HAVE Fun Image source: http://bit.ly/LODctm
• Copyright Responsibility is the users• Copyright Policy with information on how to have your content removed• “NoPin” Code blocks images from being pinned• Is “Kelly v Arriba Soft Corporation” enough? (Thumbnail Case)
• Private Pinboards• Official APIs• Advertising?• Competition?