When you protect your Tweets, the following restrictions are put in place:People will have to request to follow you; each follow request will need approval. Learn more.Your Tweets will only be visible to users you've approved.Other users will not be able to retweet your Tweets. Learn more.Protected Tweets will not appear in Google search; protected Tweets will only be searchable on Twitter by the account holder and approved followers.@Replies you send to people who aren't following you will not be seen by those users (because you have not given them permission to see your Tweets).You cannot share permanent links to your Tweets with anyone other than your approved followers.
Basics of Social Media
Novare Library Services
Terms to know:
• # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces)
• Click on a #word in any message shows you all other
Tweets marked with that keyword.
• Hashtags can occur anywhere in the Tweet
• Popular hashtags become Trending Topics.
• If you Tweet with a hashtag, anyone may find it.
• No more than 2 hashtags per Tweet.
• Use hashtags only on Tweets relevant to the topic.
Example hashtags: #Sochi2014
Privacy on Twitter
At a minimum, turn off Tracking