Tip: Cover photos are 851 pixels wide and 315 pixels
tall- think long and wide
Privacy and Facebook
Default settings are public!
Check back every so oftenterms often change
Tip: There is no such thing a “Private”
About those Apps
What do your friends share
Are you advertising for others?
Getting the Most from Facebook
Hide Annoying Posts and People
• Communicate in 140 Characters
• Conversations via # “@”
Anatomy of a Tweet
Terms to know:
• # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no spaces)
• Click on a #word in any message shows you all other
Tweets marked with that keyword.
• Hashtags can occur anywhere in the Tweet
• Popular hashtags become Trending Topics.
• If you Tweet with a hashtag, anyone may find it.
• No more than 2 hashtags per Tweet.
• Use hashtags only on Tweets relevant to the topic.
Example hashtags: #Sochi2014
Privacy on Twitter
At a minimum, turn off Tracking
• Visualization Boards
• About Shared Interests instead of personal connections
• DIY, Decorating, Exercise, Food, Clothes, and more!
Image from: http://goo.gl/TXL4CQ
There is no
privacy – except
for secret boards
Bonus Security Tips
• Turn on 2-step
Authentication on Facebook,
LinkedIn and Google
• Never use the same
password for more than one
• Eye emails with suspicion