1.   EXPERIENCE. IDENTIFY. VALIDATE…in a snap www.snaptivation.com http://www.ftiinc.org/PH 309.774.4275 218 20th Ave, Roseville, IL 61473 FAX 309.774.4161
2. Author About the Author Bryan C. Ahee – VP Information Technologies -15 years experience in technology, finance, consulting and manufacturing -Inventor – Patents Method and System for Displaying Information from a MemorialAssembly Method of Providing Information About a Tangible Product Contact: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Industrial Solutions Introducing VISION 2.0 -Monitor installation & maintenance history -Locate missing parts & equipment -Keep information accurate and up-to-date -Pull details to contact supplier, parts needed, tools required -Tracking inspection, maintenance, calibration, and regulatory compliance offield assets -Manage warranty, maintenance contracts & records, pictures, and manuals -Add, remove, adjust, move, and retrieve detailed information about your organization‟s assets from any mobile device or pc -Audit trail simplifies compliance
4. TECHNOLOGIES QR Codes QR Code (Quick Response Code) is a type of matrix barcode or often referred to as 2D barcode Invented by the Toyota subsidiary Denso Wave in 1994 to track vehicles during the manufacturing process. Data capacity is 7,089 Numeric characters and 4,296 characters Alphanumeric Readable from any direction in 360 degrees QR codes has error correction capability, data can be restored even if the symbol is partially dirty or damaged Can trigger events (Open URL, Dial a phone#, SMS text, etc)
5. TECHNOLOGIES BAR CODES Universal Product Code (UPC) is a barcode symbology that is widely used in North America Each barcode consists of a scannable strip of black bars and white spaces Conventional bar codes are capable of storing a maximum of approximately 20 digits A bar code contains data in only one direction
6. TECHNOLOGIES RFID Radio Frequency Identification Device Tags can be either passive (w/o battery) or active (with battery) Each tag typically holds 96 bits of data Low Frequency (LF)___10KHz to 135 KHz. Systems operated at LF have short reading range and are commonly used in asset tracking and security access High Frequency (HF)__ 6.78, 13.56, 27.125 and 40.68 MHz. HF systems are used for automated toll collection and railroad car tracking Ultra High Frequency (UHF)___850 MHz to 950 MHz. Microwave___ 2.4 GHz to 2.5 GHz Basic RFID tag read operation The reader initiates tag collection and sends messages to all tags All the tags in the reader‟s field of contact respond by transmitting their tag ID to the reader The reader forwards all collected tag IDs through a middleware platform that filters and aggregates data before passing it on to the host computer
7. QR Codes UPC Bar Codes 7,089 Numeric characters and 4,296 characters  capable of storing a maximum of approximately 20 Alphanumeric digits Readable from any direction in 360 degrees  A bar code contains data in only one direction Can trigger events (Open URL, Dial a phone#, SMS  Cannot be used to trigger events text, etc)  Inexpensive Have error correction capability, data can be restored even if the symbol is partially dirty or damaged RFID  Require more technological hand-holding  More expensive per tag  „Closed‟ vs open system. Requires middleware to decipher, interpret and use the data, not to mention the readers required to read the tag  Specialized RFID Tags can be read through snow, fog paint, dirt, grime and other challenging conditions  Data stored on RFID tags can be changed, updated and locked  Do not have to be within „line of sight‟ , can read multiple tags at one time
8. VISION 2.0 TAG DESIGN Customize with your company logo, contact info QR code links to Vision 2.0 website with BOM info, manuals, contact info and more! 8”x4” Stainless Steel tag for Custom Jigs Caterpillar SupplierQR code links toVision 2.0 websitewith BOM info,manuals, contact Our tags can be attached viainfo and more! epoxy, weld, screws/fastners, and/or chain
9. VISION 2.0 TAG DESIGN Stainless Steel  Laser Annealing High grade stainless steel can be  QR codes & Bar codes are marked utilizing cut, welded, formed, machined, and an annealing process. Annealing is a fabricated to virtually any shape or size. heating process used on steel and titanium Corrosion resistance alloys Can resist corrosion in most acids,  The surface of the material is selectively alkaline solutions, and chlorine heated with the laser to near the melting bearing environments, properties point. which are utilized in process plants.  Discolors the material to a black color, which Fire and heat resistance gives excellent contrast against the Resists scaling and retain strength at surrounding steel. high temperatures.  Does not remove material. Easy cleaning ability  Commonly used for surgical tools and Makes it the first choice for strict implants. Annealing leaves no cuts or hygiene conditions, such as shallow engravings like those found in hospitals, kitchens, and other food etching and typically produces the darkest processing plants. mark. Impact resistance  Not ink or temporary. You would need to 100% Recyclable remove the surface material to remove the QR code or Bar code.
10. VISION 2.0 Hardware RequirementsSmart Phones, Tablets, iPhones, & Internet or Network EnablediPads Software to scan/read QR codes Android Market (now Google Play Store) iPad or iPhone App Center Blackberry App World Microsoft Marketplace
11. VISION 2.0HOW IT WORKS Open App on Device Scan QR Code Code will trigger action Website Email Phone SMS Text Etc
12. VISION 2.0 “The Cloud” Centralized Cloud-Based System
13. VISION 2.0 Benefits of Cloud Benefits of Cloud Computing Eliminates the need for in-plant software installations, and associated servers and storage $$No large investment in equipment or servers$$ Very easy to use & accessible Scalable & Configureable Point-of-use data can be access through a secure login
14. VISION 2.0 Data Center Data Center for the Cloud o Provides full redundancy and failover protection o Fully secured and monitored o Cameras located throughout the center o Key card access, 24 x 7 o High capacity power with backup generators o Dual concrete exterior walls o „Building within a building‟ with a membrane based ceiling for additional protection from water o Cooling with redundancy o Fire suppression
15. VISION 2.0 for UWHAT CAN DO FOR YOU?
16. VISION 2.0 Powerful, self service user interface at the point-of-need  Take advantage of real-time data Find out instantly (contacts, manuals, SOP, maintenance records, safety records, tool & consumable requirements)  Turn information into everyday business value  Improve Asset Visibility
17. Do you need to perform preventive maintenance or recall isolation?Where are my assets?Are they in compliance?What amount of preventative maintenance time is allocated to fixedassets?Would you like to know what critical tooling and parts are needed for yourassets?How much of your expense and capital budget is due to loss of assets?The answer to these questions leads you to consider how improved assetutilization, performance, optimization and management can benefit you
18. VISION 2.0 Asset Tracking Commonly Tracked Assets & Equipment o High Value and/or Single Source o Equipment needing to Calibrated or Maintained Regularly o Exposed to Extreme Conditions o Limited Usage Life o Used across Multiple Departments/Facilities o Tools & Tooling o Molds & Jigs o Capital Equipment
19. VISION 2.0Asset lifecycle tracking has become an increasingly important issuefor organizations with a large asset baseCan reduce or eliminate unnecessary purchases of equipment,high carrying costs, and excessive regulatory finesWithout this info, it is challenging to properly plan,procure/construct and deploy assets, and perform maintenanceactivities.Snaptivation provides a comprehensive, reliable, and efficient assetlifecycle tracking application.Know the exact number of existing assets, the current value,location, and maintenance history.Speed decision making, cut costs and avoid unplanned shutdownsand increase production while streamlining operations.
20. VISION 2.0 64% of business personnel search atleast once per day for company assets or inventory27% were forced to search more than 10 times a day
21. VISION 2.0 Business Asset Tracking 7% 22% Do Not Track Assets Pen & Paper Microsoft Excel or44% Access 27% Asset Tracking Software
22. VISION 2.0Pen & Paper: The most inexpensive way to track assets isthe old-fashioned combination of pen & paper. Extremelymanual, time-consuming process which:• Easily creates errors• May be illegible• Difficult to update• Hard to manage• Store in a space-hogging filing cabinet Bulky paper documents are frequently lost, destroyed, and often misfiled
23. VISION 2.0Database or Spreadsheet: Powerful tools, butare not specifically designed to manage thecomplexities of tracking and managing assets.Using general office software is time-consuming and manual, easily creating errors &omissions.With no system in place: If one key person is out onvacation, quits, or disaster occurs, who else can cover thatresponsibility and knowledge? All that data/knowledge isgone for a day or possibly forever. How does this affectproduction? Maintenance? Purchasing?The proverbial “What would happen if you were hit by abus?”
24. VISION 2.0Preventative & Predictive Asset ManagementOld definition of failure: The equipment is broken orstopped. A good example is the conveyor stopped becauseof a mechanical problem.New definition of failure: The equipment is no longerperforming the function required of its user. An example isthe conveyor was running at 40 feet per minute, now it isrunning at 20 feet per minute.
25. VISION 2.0Predictive asset management, condition monitoring, being able to takesignals off of equipment and understand what those signals mean in terms ofanticipating what future failure might look like and when it might occur, andthen take some action to prevent that from happening.Less than 20% of asset failures are age related.So for the 80% of failures that are not age related, how can you identify thefrequency of their Preventive Maintenance activities?Finding are 98% of companies do not have good failure history data.Do you have good data to determine this frequency?Increase the useful life of capital assets with improved business processes foran increased return on assets and enhanced operational efficiency.
26. VISION 2.0The end results:• Eliminate wasted time spent searching for lost or misplaced assets• Reduce unnecessary expenses to replace lost equipment• Deter shrinkage• Enable proactive- rather than reactive- maintenance that helps decrease unplanned downtime• Extend the useful life of assets by implementing a maintenance schedule• Create customized asset tags that withstand harsh environments• Easily add, move, edit, or dispose of assets• Attach warranty information, pictures, and manuals to asset records• Ensure data integrity with department-level securityThe solution: SNAPTIVATION w/ VISION 2.0
27. VISION 2.0 ScreenshotsCustomizable, editable, and secure login access for users Tabs & links for easy navigation and search
28. VISION 2.0 Safety/SOP Safety/SOP Standard Operating Procedures Startup Procedures Shutdown Procedures Material Safety Data Sheets Safety Procedures Operator CertificationsFiles can be attached for each category. Files can be MS Office(Word, Excel, etc.), PDF‟s, Notepad, Docs, Electronic files(CAD, SolidWorks, etc), can link to an external or internal weblink, videos, etc.
29. VISION 2.0 Prints & BOM Prints & Bills of Material Manuals Prints Installation InstructionsFiles can be attached for each category. Files can be MS Office(Word, Excel, etc.), PDF‟s, Notepad, Docs, Electronic files(CAD, SolidWorks, etc), can link to an external or internal weblink, videos, etc.
30. VISION 2.0 Maintenance Logs Maintenance Logs Real-time Log Entries Record Date/Time Type of Maintenance Personnel Involved View DetailsEasy-to-use web-based form, captures data at Point-of-Use
31. VISION 2.0 Inspections Inspections Monitor Calibration Monitor Usage History Provide birth to death audit trail Asset Life Cycle Tracking Fewer regulatory finesFiles can be attached for each category. Files can be MS Office(Word, Excel, etc.), PDF‟s, Notepad, Docs, Electronic files(CAD, SolidWorks, etc), can link to an external or internal weblink, videos, etc.
32. VISION 2.0 InfoGeneralDepartmentModel YearManufacturerModelNameSerial NumberLocationDate of PurchaseAssociated Cost of EquipmentIn Service/Out of Service Date
33. VISION 2.0 ContactsContactsCompany NameAddressesPhone #‟sEmail AddressesWebsite AddressesContact at Company
34. VISION 2.0 BenefitsBenefits of Asset Tracking with VISION 2.0• Locate missing parts & equipment• Locate recalled or expired parts/assets• More accurate fixed asset inventory• Reduction in Asset Shrinkage• Reduced labor costs for tracking down missing assets & documentation• Reduced labor costs from non-value-added search activitiesValue-add• Focus Staff on exceptional maintenance vs administrative paperwork
35. VISION 2.0 BenefitsBenefits of Tool Tracking with VISION 2.0• Reduction in safety stock/tool spares/inventory• Fewer lost tools• Reduction in tooling costs• Audit trail of tool usage & calibration• Improved utilization of specialized tools & equipment• Custom tools, jigs are costly to source/replace• Reduction in expedite costs and excess inventory to compensate for lost materialsValue-add• Fewer lost tools/jigs increases manufacturing uptime• Reduced risk of missing project timelines• Reduced downtime
36. VISION 2.0 BenefitsBenefits of Inspection & Maintenance with VISION 2.0• Audit trail of usage & calibration simplifies compliance• Asset installs, moves, adds, changes, & retirement• Monitor installation & maintenance history• Verify & update maintenance records when service occurs for both unplanned & planned maintenance activities• Optimize preventative maintenance based on in-use status & location• Time-stamped records & assigned personal responsibility• Pull details at Point-of-Need suppliers, parts needed, tools required• Quality & schedule issues result when: Equipment is improperly calibrated Machinery is not maintainedValue-add• Fewer audits, reduced risk of fines for non-compliance• Increased time in service of asset• Reduced downtime increases downstream productivity
37. VISION 2.0 Snaptivation w/ VISION 2.0 Validates that you have information about where assets are located, who‟s using them, how long they‟ve been in use, where they were purchased from, and their maintenance history Reduced labor costs for tracking down missed items & managing administrative paperwork Manage the spare parts inventory and the special tools that are used for maintaining assets, the contracts that are associated with them, whether they are leases or warrantees Enables you to develop comprehensive programs for preventive, predictive, routing, and unplanned maintenance Reduce costs & increase asset uptime Add, remove, adjust, move, and retrieve detailed information about your organization‟s assets anywhere you go (Cloud technology)
38. VISION 2.0 About Us For a Free Consultation and for Questions/Comments, please contact us email@example.com P:309-774-4275 Snaptivation is a division of Fusion Tech Integrated Inc. Snaptivation provides QR, NFC, & RFID solutions http://www.snaptivation.com firstname.lastname@example.orgFusion Tech is a custom fabrication company with 15 years of experience and expertise in creating steel solutions for a variety of clients in the food, pharmaceutical, transportation, mining, renewable energy, & ag Fusion Tech Integrated Inc. Woman-Owned Small 218 20th Ave industries. Business Roseville, IL 61473 Cage Code 3XRC3 JCP#0056685 PH: 309-774-4275 DUNS# 87510694 Fax: 309-774-4288 FEIN# 20-332924 http://www.ftiinc.org