1. Introduction toCommon CoreState StandardsDeb St ClairHMS
2. Background● PowerPoint presentation about Common Core State Standards (from district)● Chart: ○ "Knows" and "Need to Knows" based off the information we learned from that presentation.● Use "Need to Knows" list to further our exploration of the CCSS.● Use Diigo - an online social bookmarking tool.
3. Assignment● Partner with another teacher.● In that pair - each teacher selects a topic from the "Need to Know" chart regarding the CCSS.● Find an online article that addresses the CCSS and your "Need to Know" topic: ○ Example: CCSS and Assessment● Create a Diigo account● Use the social bookmarking tool to bookmark the article, annotate it and share the annotated version with your partner.
4. Part 1 of Assignment● For the next staff meeting: ○ Bring the web address of the online article you found that addresses your "Need to Know" topic and the CCSS.● At the next staff meeting we will: ○ Create a Diigo account ○ Learn how to bookmark, annotate and share a sample article. ○ Add your CCSS article to your library ○ Review the assignment for your article
5. Part 2 of Assignment● During this staff meeting you will: ○ Create a Diigo account ○ Learn how to bookmark, annotate and share a sample article. ○ Add your CCSS article to your library ○ Review the assignment for your article
6. Create a Diigo Account● Go to http://www.diigo.com/● Click on the small text to the bottom right where it says, "Educator? Get started here"● Choose Option B for Teacher - and click on "here" in green. ○ Complete registration● When you finish - log in to Diigo● Under "Tools" add Diigolet to your Toolbar
7. www.diigo.com Click on "Educator?"
8. Click on "here" under option B
9. Using Diigo● To get started: ○ Open another tab for the internet ○ Go to any news website and click on a news article.● Click on the Diigolet Add-on button on your toolbar. ○ Options will appear to Bookmark, Highlight, Sticky Note, Share● Bookmark your news article and then try to highlight a portion of the text and add a sticky note and share. ○ Note - to share your annotated version - you must click on "Get Annotated Link".
10. When you click on "Diigolet" - the tags to highlight,bookmark, sticky note or share
11. Independent Practice● Add the CCSS article you found into your Diigo Library (bookmark it)● After you read it: ○ Highlight 2-3 main points of the article ○ Add 2-3 sticky notes that post questions you have from the article ○ Share your annotated CCSS article with your partner and with Deb
12. Follow-up● At the next staff meeting, we will take 5-10 minutes to: ○ Debrief with your partner the experience using Diigo ○ Brainstorm with your table group different ways you could use Diigo as an instructional tool ○ Share out with whole staff brainstorm ideas