1. Using technology to enhance art appreciation
2. People come to art museums to enjoy and see art.
3. They also want to learn about art and artists.
4. But the museum experience can be overwhelming.
5. And art can sometimes feel unapproachable.
6. It can be hard to remember details of what you’ve seen.
7. Though people want to remember.
8. Visitors must balance learning about art with spending
time actually looking at the art.
Enhance art appreciation
Integrate with museum
experiences personal and
10. Target Audience
Adult with an interest in art, but no formal training
Have only basic knowledge of art
11. Learning Goals:
• Understand and use the vocabulary of
• Recognize the elements of design and
explain how they are being used in a
given work of art
• Discuss works of art in a historical and
• Recognize master works of art
• Recognize and be able to differentiate
between the major styles of art and the
major artists within each style
Create an iPhone application to use while at an art museum
13. The application
should help users…
learn more about a
speciﬁc piece of art
among artists and
works of art