Project on the gods of ancient greecePresentation Transcript
Project on the Gods of Ancient Greece By: Milton Sanchez & Jeannette Hernandez
Romans gave Zeus the planet name Jupiter.
Zeus was known as the supreme god of the Olympians.
Father of Perseus & Hercules.
The youngest son of Rhea & Cronus.
Zeus’s father wanted to eat him when he was a baby.
Siblings were Hera, Hestia, Poseidon & Hades. They were swallowed by their dad & then Zeus made him throw them up.
And finally, married his sister Hera.
1. She was the goddess of marriage.
2. She is jealous most of the time of Zeus and his girlfriends.
3. Hera was the reigning female of Olympus.
4. Hera was worshipped throughout Greece.
5. She was the enemy of Hercules.
6. She tried to kill Hercules as an infant.
7. Her Roman name is Juno.
8 She married Zeus.
9 She is Zeus’ sister and wife.
10. Hera and Zeus had three children, Ares, Eris and Hephaestus.
Aphrodite married Hephaestus, the black-smith.
Is known as the goddess of love & beauty.
She was made from the foam of the sea.
Aphrodite had a son that she called Cupid.
Daughter of Zeus.
When she was born she was wearing a full armor suit.
Has a temple that was dedicated to her.
Goddess of war, wisdom and crafts.
1. Artemis was goddess of chastity, the hunt, the moon, and the natural environment. 2. Artemis is the daughter of Zeus and Leto. 3. Artemis had a twin brother Apollo.
4. Artemis hunted with silver arrows. 5. Artemis is the Greek goddess of childbirth. 6. Artemis was born on Delos. 7. Artemis was an avid hunter. 8. Artemis is known as the Lady of Wild Things. 9. All wild animals are sacred to Artemis, especially the deer.
Goddess of the harvest
Daughter of Rhea and Cronus
She was the second eldest of her siblings.
Persephone is Demeter's daughter
Her roman name was Ceres.
She taught mankind the art of sowing and plowing.
Hestia's Appearance: A sweet, modestly dressed young woman. She often is shown wearing a veil.
Hestia's Symbol or Attribute: The hearth and the tamed fire which burns there.
Hestia's Strengths: Constant, calm, gentle, and supportive of the family and home.
Hestia had no children .
Appearance: Hades is usually represented as a vigorous bearded man. Symbols or Attributes: Scepter, Helm of Darkness, and horn of plenty. Strengths: Rich with the wealth of the Earth, especially precious metals. Persistent and determined. Weaknesses: Passionate over Persephone, the daughter of Demeter, whom Zeus promised to Hades as his bride. Birthplace: The most common story is that Hades was born to the Great Mother goddess Rhea and Kronos (Father Time) on the island of Crete, along with his brothers Zeus and Poseidon. He was swallowed by his father, who thought his children would overthrow him. Kronos later coughed him up along with Hestia, Demeter, Poseidon, and Hera.
1. God of the sea 2. God Of horses 3. Creator of horses 4. Son of Kronos and Rhea 5 swallowed by Kronos to be saved by Zeus 6. One of the "Big Three" gods 7. Brothers were Zeus and Hades 8. Could cause earthquakes 9. Father of Cyclops 10. Lives in an underwater castle 11. Castle made of Germs and Coral 12. Had a natural affinity for water 13. When offended by sailors would cause waves to crash there ship 14. Could go in water and not get wet 15. Had 3 sister Gods 16. Participated in the God Vs Titan War 17. Sisters were Hestia, Demeter, and Hera 18. Symbol of power was his 3 horned Trident 19. His animal symbol was the dolphin 20. He helped the Greeks in the Trojan war.