1. ASSIGNMENT 9: GETTING INTOGROUPSDebbie, Maria , Milka
2. GENRE Done by: DebbieDramaReasons: most of our inspirational films were drama related. Personal interest. our story is suitable only for this genre. We want to get a better understanding of the genre, therefore by picking it will be a great start. Original.
3. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconventions Use/develop/challenge Purpose/ descriptionArguments Use Description :Husband Between protagonists and wife arguing , wife Develop Starting to be more aggressive slaps husband , as she by hitting. thinks he does not love Challenge her, he hold her wrist , Unusual hitting such as using trying to calm her down , some kind of weapons Weak protagonist winning and stop her from doing any other kind of physical aggression. Purpose: Build up tension.
4. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconventions Use/develop/challenge purpose/DescriptionConflict Use Description: By what Getting the wrong idea wife understand , her about something or husband does not love someone. her anymore, because he Causing violence or does not show any argument. affection for her anymore. Purpose: Emphasise emotion and develop sympathy
5. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconventions Use/develop/challenge purpose/DescriptionEmphasis of Use Description:emotion Showing emotion At first emotions will be through behaviour and coming just from wife, how you treat other but by the end husband people will be sending out I.e.: Affection. strong emotions too. Develop Showing no kind of Purpose: affection for someone audience feel more into you love. the film , because they Challenge will know what each Sending out an image of character is feeling. an uncaring character.
6. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconventions Use/develop/challenge Purpose/ descriptionclimax use Description: Main characters point of After some view changes from what accumulated it was at first. tension, wife explodes and ends up hitting the husband, leaves house and gets run over. Purpose : excite the audience.
7. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconvention Use/develop/challenge Description/PurposeUse of symbols or Use Description:metaphors Showing of something Showing the wedding that symbolises or rings at the informs the audience of beginning of the an event/date opening sequence to show it is about a married couple. Purpose: Tell the audience more about the character, in a more original way.
8. CONVENTIONS USED IN OUR FILMconvention Use/develop/challenge Description/PurposeHappy Use Description:ending/relief Protagonist end up Husband promises he together. is going to try and Get what they were change and to start to fighting for throughout the show more of his movie. emotions. Develop Wife starts to Protagonist are not a understand more the couple. husbands point of Challenge view. Get completely the opposite of what they tried to gain throughout the movie One of the protagonist dies.
9. convention Use/develop/challenge Description/PurposeRealism or Use Description:realistic issue Using real issues such These kind of as love problems that problems happen a people can relate to. lot in our everyday life. Couples tend to be shy and scared of showing and expressing their own feelings. Purpose: Get closer to the audience as they may have similar problems.
10. conventions Use/develo/challenge Description/purposeMoral Use Description:Love is notmessage Drama films all tend to love if its not shown. have a moral message behind it, each story has their own message.
11. Done by: MariaINSPIRATIONAL FILMS Titanic grease . I liked this movie .The “I‟m flying” scene inspires because it sent out a me because of the message it good moral message. sends out. It is like both of them . Its moral message was are on top of the world and that you should not nobody around them can stop change the way you look them. for someone just to I liked the way the camera attract them. moved around them so they emphasises that point really well.
12. Done by: Maria IF ONLY . Our film can be based on this . I find that the notebook was very movie. As the moral message of it inspiring because the romance is based is the same. on something real. . This movie is inspirational . I also find it inspiring because many because it shows that you should people go through this, and the moral always appreciate the one that you message of it is to not let someone you love, or you can end up regretting love go. it. . You should never give up on love. . It also shows that if you do start to appreciate her, then things will go really well and you can show her how much you love her
13. Done by: Maria . I find this movie inspiring because it shows that even though the one that you love is terminally ill, you should not leave them, but stay by their side. . This movie also inspires me, because it shows that love can change someone for the good and not for the bad.
15. Done by: Debbie CONCEPTS Love affairs HIV Pregnancy Alcohol Hidden feelings Prostitutioncancer ConceptsDNA drugs Memory loss Homosexuality guilt
16. THEME / CONCEPT Our theme is conflict. Our concept is guilt. We are going to show this by the husband feeling guilty of what he has done. We show this by flashbacks of the two arguing.
17. IDEA DEVELOPMENT In our first group meeting we put all our ideas together to come out with the idea we have now. It wasnt too difficult because we all had very similar ideas of what we wanted our opening sequence to be about.
18. IDEA – WHOLE FILM Married couple where wife does everything for the husband Husband shows no affection for her She gets fed up and they both argue She gets run over and put into coma He feels guilty and believes it is time to change as he realises how important she is to him.
19. IDEA- OPENING SEQUENCE Closeup shot of wedding rings Husband having flashback of him arguing with wife and him hitting her Door shutting Car screeching Him running shouting „no‟
20. IDEA DEVELOPMENT At first we did not have any ideas for what our moral message was going to be therefore made things harder. However now we have a very clear idea of what message we want to send out.Moral message : love is not love if it is not shown. We only realise what we have after we loose it.
21. Done by: MariaENIGMA We are going to create enigma by not showing who was the one who has been run over. By both of them leaving the house we are left curious as to which one of them has been run over.
22. TARGET AUDIENCE Age : 15-20 Gender : mostly females Ethnicity : any Location : United Kingdom Hobbies : going out with friends, having fun, going cinema etc Social class : Middle class, working class Target audience would be interested because : It has a lot to do with love Very common problems in this age range 15-20 year olds interested in finding out new things about love. Can be a good way to start showing their emotions more often.
23. Done by:Debbie CHARACTERSGirl : sophie Boy : danny•20 year old girl •20 year old boy•Fashionable •Aggressive•Loving •Stubborn•Caring •Doesnt like to•Wealthy show emotions•spoilt •Difficult•„family‟ backgroundbackground •hegemonic
24. COSTUME & PROPS Girl Hair down most of the time to Boy fashionabl e cover face Fashionable Always keep straight facia expression Casual clothes Macho Casual clothesProps Weddin g rings
25. IDEA FOR LOCATIONS The idea for are locations where we would be filming is, Deborahs house in her living room, were most of the filming would taken place, but might move a bit around the house. Also we are going to film outside Westfield for the scene where the car runs over one of them takes place.
26. NARRATIVE We will be using non-linear narrative in are film as there will be flash-backs and flash-forward
27. THEORIES WE WILL INCLUDE Claude Levi-Strauss - constant creation of conflict/opposition propels narrative.(love/hate, control/panic). Tvzetan Todorov simply equilibrium, disequilibrium, new equilibrium
28. HOW WE WILL GET THERE our parents will drop us, or we could get train or bus.There is no health & safety danger in theselocations.
29. IF LOCATIONS IS ALWAYS ACCESSIBLE I do believe that the place we would be filming is always available, as it is one of the group members house. As we wouldnt need to make an official promotion to film in are location.