1. Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages
Speaker Harshad Katikar
2. The Coca Cola Company
• The Coca-Cola Company is the
world's largest beverage company.
• The company’s best known product
Coca Cola was invented by John Stith
Pemberton in 1886.
• The Coca-Cola formula and brand
was bought in 1889 by Asa Candler
who incorporated The Coca-Cola
Company in 1892.
3. The Coca Cola Company
• Coca-Cola currently offers nearly 400
brands in over 200 countries or
territories and serves 1.5 billion
servings each day.
• The Coca-Cola Company is
headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.
• Its current president and CEO is
4. Coca Cola In India
• Coca-Cola, the corporate nourishing
global community with the worlds
largest selling soft drink concentrates
since 1886, returns to India in 1993
after a gap of 16 years.
• With the acquisitions of major brands
in India it went on to be known as
The Hindustan Coca Cola Beverages
5. Coca Cola In India
• Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages
Private Limited is a 100% company
• The company has 3 business regions,
and operates out of 22 locations
• Their business model includes
manufacturing the beverage,
6. Brief History
• Coca-Cola was the leading soft drink
brand in India until 1977.
• Coca-Cola returned to India in 1993
with a deal that gave Coca-Cola
ownership of the nation's top soft-drink
brands and bottling network.
• Coca-Cola acquired most of the local
Indian brands including Thums Up,
Limca, Maaza, Citra and Gold Spot.
7. Brief History
• From 1993 to 2003, Coca-Cola invested
more than US$1 billion in India.
• Coca-Cola India achieved 39% volume
growth and 23% industrial growth
reaching breakeven profitability in the
region in 2002.
• Sanjiv Gupta, Ex CEO of Coca-Cola
India, joined Coke in 1997 as Vice
8. The Coca Cola System
• The Coca-Cola system in India:
– 24 company-owned bottling
– 25 franchisee-owned bottling
– Employs approximately 8,000 local
– Indirectly creates employment for
more than 1,50,000 people in
9. Branches Of The Company
• The country wide marketing
office is located at Gurgaon
• 4 Regional Offices in Haryana,
Mumbai, Hyderabad, Kolkata.
• Over 50 manufacturing locations
• One manufacturing unit each in
Maldives, Bhutan, Nepal and Sri
10. Company Leadership
• Mr. John Ustas, C.E.O: Mr. Ustas has
been Chief Executive Officer of
Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages Private
Limited since July 2005.
• Mr. Sanjiv Gupta , President heads
the Indian operations of HCCBPL.
• Mr. T. Krishnakumar was appointed
C.O.O in Oct 2008.
11. Coca Cola - Mission
• To Refresh the World.
• To Inspire Moments of Optimism.
• To Create Value and Make a
• The Coca-Cola Promise says, quite
simply, that “The Coca-Cola
Company exists to benefit and
refresh everyone who is touched
12. Coca Cola - Vision
13. Quality And Standards
• Consumers across the globe
choose Coca-Cola more than a
billion times every day because
 The Symbol of Quality
 Customer and Consumer
 A Responsible Citizen of the
14. Coca Cola Products
• With the exception of Kinley the
product line consists of beverages.
• Almost every product is a brand in
• Coca Cola manufactures and markets
beverages like Coke, Fanta, Limca,
Sprite, Thums Up, Minute Maid etc.
15. Coca Cola- Achievements
• Coca-Cola India won the Delhi
Government's Bhagidari Award for its
efforts in Water Conservation and
• The World Environment Foundation
(WEF) conferred the “Golden
Commendation” for the year 2006.
16. Coca Cola - Achievements
• All 25 of the COBOs have gained the
international standard ISO 14001
Environment Management System
• The ISO 14001 certificate is the
internationally recognized standard of
• A company must demonstrate
management commitment, the total
involvement of all employees and a
17. Coca Cola - Advertisements
THE HAPPINESS FACTORY
LIFE TASTES BETTER
18. Thank You!
All Rights Reserved Harshad Katikar