Your SlideShare is downloading. ×
0
Theme 4
Theme 4
Theme 4
Theme 4
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×

Thanks for flagging this SlideShare!

Oops! An error has occurred.

×
Saving this for later? Get the SlideShare app to save on your phone or tablet. Read anywhere, anytime – even offline.
Text the download link to your phone
Standard text messaging rates apply

Theme 4

105

Published on

Published in: Education
0 Comments
0 Likes
Statistics
Notes
  • Be the first to comment

  • Be the first to like this

No Downloads
Views
Total Views
105
On Slideshare
0
From Embeds
0
Number of Embeds
0
Actions
Shares
0
Downloads
1
Comments
0
Likes
0
Embeds 0
No embeds

Report content
Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
No notes for slide

Transcript

  • 1. Theme 4: Dylan DeFatta<br />American Colonies<br />
  • 2. <ul><li>France and Spain began to explore the coast of Florida and Nova Scotia in the sixteenth century.
  • 3. The English began to colonized where the French and the Spanish hadn’t explored.
  • 4. The English began to settle in Virginia, named after their queen.</li></ul>American Colonies 6-Virginia<br />
  • 5. <ul><li>Ironically it was the poor “gamblers” that crossed the Atlantic hoping for a brighter future.
  • 6. The “West Country men” began looking for another conquest after Ireland.
  • 7. Their motives were to “Plant Christian religion, to trafficke, to conquer.”</li></ul>American Colonies 6- Virginia<br />
  • 8. <ul><li>Only 5% of England was considered wealthy while the common people took up the other 95%.</li></ul>American Colonies 6- Virginia<br />

×