• once per week
• open up some code on github
• read it together
• include colleagues from other
• so far: pymarc, bagit.py, bento_search
(ruby/rails), arduino, catmandu (perl)
why read code?
• people ask questions
• teach each other about how
• no ego - somebody else’s code!
•everyone who comes!
•self-selected - if you want
to attend, you’re qualiﬁed
Imposter Syndrome *
code read beneﬁts
• engages non-coder specialists in
• engages coder in other areas of
• deepens respect for each other
• helps non-coders talk about code
• helps coders talk with each other