2. • complementary colors - Colors that are directly opposite each other on the color wheel, such as red and green, blue and orange, and violet and yellow. When complements are mixed together they form the neutral colors of brown or gray. Note that this term is spelled differently than the word "complimentary," which means gift.
3. Name the complementary colors in each
4. • analogous colors - Any two or more colors that are next to each other on the color wheel and are closely related. For example, blue, blue-green, and green all have the color blue in common. Families of analogous colors include the warm colors (red, orange and yellow) and the cool colors (green, blue and violet). Analogous colors are sometimes referred to as adjacent colors.
5. • monochromatic - Consisting of only a single color or hue; may include its tints and shades.
6. Sketch Book First Assignment: *using paint, make a color wheel including primaries and secondaries *label complementary colors and analogous colors Second Assignment: *choose one of your colorsfrom the color wheel and make it monochromatic with paints