• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
Social media for good
 

Social media for good

on

  • 335 views

Presentation to Maxillo Facial Surgeons

Presentation to Maxillo Facial Surgeons

Statistics

Views

Total Views
335
Views on SlideShare
286
Embed Views
49

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

2 Embeds 49

http://www.davysims.com 48
https://www.linkedin.com 1

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment
  • What is WIMPS?Davy: History, objectivesDebs: Philosophy
  • Debs: WIMPS is first and foremost a youth organisationCivic youth work model
  • WIMPS Crew and CoachesWhat a WIMPS Crew doesHow WIMPS Crew work leads to media output
  • Davy: Using WIMPS.tv, What WIMPS.tv doesOutput – outcomes – information service
  • RolloutDebs – where we areDavy – what’s plannedOur ask

Social media for good Social media for good Presentation Transcript

  • Download from: http://issuu.com/wimps
  • WIMPS Rollout
  • Social MediaWhat is Social Media?Why use Social Media?Private voice – public voiceSocial Media and the professional – why bother?
  • Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Tumblr, Reddit, HackerNews, Slashdot, Github, StackOverflow, Orkut, Quora, WordPress.com, Blogger, Flickr, Myspace, Tagged, Hi5, LiveJournal, Yelp, deviantART, StumbleUpon, Goodreads and Last.fm.
  • http://venturebeat.com/2012/08/22/social-media-demographics-stats-2012/For UK Statistics for 2012 see http://www.mindjumpers.com/blog/2012/01/socialmedia-uk- statistics/
  • Health 2.0 – Doctors 2.0 – Health 3.0Dedicated social networking sites for doctors like Ozmosis, SocialMD, Sermo,
  • http://socialmediatoday.com/daulton-west/825101/doctors-use-social-media-connect-patients
  • http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/2012/oct/28/lovesick-patients-stalk-doctors-online
  • Check theseDoctors’ use of social mediaAs part of the consultation on our explanatory guidance from April to June 2012, Dr Anne-Marie Cunningham (@amcunningham), a GP andClinical Lecturer at Cardiff University, wrote on the role of social media in doctors’ lives.http://www.gmc-uk.org/guidance/10900.aspDoctors’ use of social media - A draft for consultationhttp://www.gmc-uk.org/Draft_explanatory_guidance___Doctors_use_of_social_media.pdf_48499903.pdfFor more Google “doctors using social media”https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=doctors+using+social+media&aq=f&oq=doctors+using+social+media&sugexp=chrome,mod=0&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
  • Davy Sims @davysimswww.davysims.com 07736480388
  • Punishment Attacks – WeaponsHammers; Machetes; Breeze Blocks;Golf Clubs; Pick-Axes; Batons;Hatchets; Bricks; Brush Shafts;Crow Bars; Cudgels; Screwdrivers; MetalBars; Metal Rods; Metal Chairs; Kerb Stone;Samuri Swords; Sewer Rods; Spades;Tasers; Baseball Bats (including nail-studdedbats);Tarring and Feathering.
  • Punishment Attacks – Style of Attack• The most common type of attack was an assault (typical of Loyalist attacks) with 66%.• Shootings were the other 34% (typical of Republican attacks)• Republicans use firearms 68% of the time. Their second choice in weapon is baseball bats.• Loyalists are far more diverse in their choice of weapons.