Be the first to like this
• Academic Emphasis: Technology Integration Coach/Coordinator/Specialist, Instructional/Curriculum Designer/Developer, IB Technology Coordinator/Trainer
• Technical Emphasis: Technology/IT Manager/Director/Coordinator, Teacher Trainer
• Selected for first New Media Consortium (NMC) K-12 Ambassadors Program
• Served on NMC Advisory Board, contributing to produce 2013 K-12 Horizon Report
• Demonstrated for two Special Interest Groups at 2013 ISTE Conference
• Designed, developed and delivered IB-style K-12 Technology/STEM curriculum
• Trained Malaysian teachers on 21st century education for IB Professional Development
• Created external online program for students/teachers, first internal online course
• Coordinated National Association for Independent Schools Challenge 20/20 Project
• Presented for AACE Global Learn, Global Education and Annual Educators’ Conferences
• Promoted virtual world cybercampuses, game-based learning for IT/other courses
Colegios Peterson/Peterson Schools: Mexico City, Mexico Position: Technology Integration Specialist. Responsible for implementing 21st century teaching/learning across four campuses. Train teachers on mechanics and methodologies of integrating educational technology. Teach the IB Infor- mation Technology in a Global Society course for the purpose of training new teachers (IB World School at DP level). Also serve as Technology Coordinator for Cuajimalpa (largest) Campus. Part-time IT Manager, helping to deploy Apple hardware/software, including 1:1 Program. Created Technology Vision and designed standardized, IB-style Technology Curriculum for the four campuses. Created and maintain first online course using Haiku LMS. Maintain Second Life, OpenSimulator cybercampuses. Introduced/promote game-based learning.
Changchun American International School (CAIS): Changchun, China Positions: IT Teacher/Manager, IT Manager/Teacher. As IT Manager, supervised technicians, coordinated general computer operations for staff and students. Also served as Technology Department Head for K-12 teachers/students. IB World School for PYP, MYP and DP levels. As Technology Teacher, taught Primary Years Program ICT, Middle Years Program Technology and Diploma Program Information Technology in a Global Society courses. Developed PYP, MYP and DP curricula. General Educational Technology Integrator/Trainer. Invited to present at seven international educational technology conferences on using 3D virtual worlds during 2011, six during 2012. Wrote for publications.