What is it?
Social Media Marketing is a term that describes
use of social networks, online communities, blogs,
wikis or any other online collaborative media for
marketing, sales, public relations and customer
service. Common social media marketing tools
include Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Flickr,
Wikipedia, Orkut and YouTube.
What do you want to achieve
Use Social Media Marketing for
Networking – Facebook, Myspace, Linked in, Ning
Link building – Digg, Del.icio.us, Reddit, Propellor
Video sharing – Google, Yahoo, Ning,
And don’t forget Blogs, SEO, ppc, wikis etc
• 140 characters
• look for contacts, advice, news, chat, keep up!
• find groups related to your niche and contribute
• create your own group
• invite friends to connect with you
• comment on ‘walls’, give testimonials ,
• online professionals
• trusted network
• look for contacts and collaboration
• musician’s tool for promotion?
• young person’s area?
• add friends and comment on groups
• find Ning community sites and join them
• contribute to forums
• create your own if there isn’t one for your topic
Plan your campaign –
what are you going to say?
who is your audience?
which media will you use?
make it interesting and useful
build a relationship
integrate your material
build your credibility
allow plenty of time!!!