2. Highlights <ul><li>Commercial power Backup system: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Around 400 pcs. 2 kW systems (DIB 2000) shipped to date. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Fully commercial line production of fuel cell systems with our sister company, Dantherm Air Handling. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Largest commercial project to date is the Danish Emergency Network (Tetra) where 125 fuel cell systems are installed. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Field test of Hydrocarbon systems: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Delivered 5 pcs. SOFC system running on natural gas. Next generation SOFC system under development, expected deployment April 2010. </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>5 pcs. HT-PEM systems installed. </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Power Plant </li></ul><ul><ul><li>120 kW power plant for grid balancing delivered to BC Hydro. After 4 months of successfull testing at Powertech Labs the system in now being installed in Bella Coola - a small remote community north of Vancouver. </li></ul></ul>Line production of DIB 2000 Power Backup Module DIB 2000 100 kW testing at Powertech. 100 kW installation in Bella Coola. SOFC mCHP system
3. The integrated solution Power Supply module with integrated UPS or power backup and reformer integrated when running on methanol Hydrogen storage using compressed hydrogen in cylinders including hydrogen monitoring equipment Optional climate control solution for cabinets and shelters
4. Production capabilities for volume 3,3 kW modules
5. Assembly line overview Fuel Cell Modules, Sheet metal Boxes and Controllers
6. Cooling cost reduction: 5kWe site off-grid Example: Site with 3 kW DC-load. 2 kW AC-load for air-cons DC BUS OR 3 kW DC-load. 250 W DC-free cooling system DC/AC inverter Conclusion: Far simpler, cheaper and more reliable configuration with fewer batteries and far less fuel consumption during backup. Aircon
7. <ul><li>Nationwide TETRA Network in Denmark </li></ul><ul><li>450 outdoor sites deployed (ICS2000) </li></ul><ul><li>Dantherm Air Handling and Dantherm Power has supplied integrated cabinet solution including cooling and power back up: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>330 sites with battery back up (4 hours) </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>125 critical sites with hydrogen based power back up (168 hours) </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Project based development – 6 months from initial RFQ to pilot delivery </li></ul><ul><li>Succesful roll out from Q2/2008 to April/2009 </li></ul><ul><li>Dantherm Power is responsible for on site service and logistics of hydrogen </li></ul>References – example 1 2 million hours with 100% availability
8. References – example 2 <ul><li>11 pcs 5kw systems deployed with Energi Midt fiber broadband installations in Denmark </li></ul><ul><li>100 % availability for a total of 340,000 hours since September 2007 </li></ul><ul><li>Backup system installed directly into rack space </li></ul><ul><li>Perfect for both existing sites or newly deployed sites </li></ul><ul><li>Interface towards base radios or independent system for alarms and monitoring </li></ul>
9. A 120 kW fuel cell power solution is a key part of BC Hydro's Hydrogen-Assisted Renewable Power (HARP) initiative Will help reduce fuel consumption by increasing the utilization of existing renewable power at BC Hydro's Clayton Falls hydroelectric generation plant in Bella Coola, BC. References – example 3 Installation in Bella Coola, Nov 2009 Testing at Powertech Labs, June 2009 - Nov. 2009
10. <ul><li>15 Temporary Power sites in Canada </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Cheaper and friendlier than diesels until grid is connected </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Indoor backup Power Rack </li></ul><ul><ul><li>1.7kWe in n+1 configuration for absolute reliability and availability </li></ul></ul><ul><li>GSM-R station in Norway Indoor </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Reduced energy consumption for heat/cooling </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>Increased maintenance to 2 year cycle from 6 month </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Extreme Climate Indoor/Outdoor site </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Complete battery replacement for remote telecom site </li></ul></ul><ul><li>High power Indoor Backup Power system </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Emergency power for critical communications and healthcare </li></ul></ul><ul><li>Large operator sites in Canada </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Low maintenance, battery and genset replacement </li></ul></ul>Sample Deployments
11. Temp. Power sites for new Canadian operator Continuous use for 3-6 Months till mains grid is connected from utility
12. 3,3 kW backup power solution in rack Integrated into 19” rack. This system runs as hybrid with batteries. Works as a battery extender. Based on standard 1,7 kW modules Redundancy built in.
13. 1,7 kW UPS system in rack Battery free configuration eliminates extra heating/cooling system. Zero millisecond transfer from grid to Backup. Standard 1,7 kW module in custom indoor cabinet, 16 hours outdoor. GSM-R station subjected to extensive vibration from trains.
14. Extreme climate Northern remote critical Battery free configuration reduces cost and complexity. Eliminates need for air conditioners. Reduces energy consumption and improves power quality. 0 ms bridge from grid power to full fuel cell backup.
15. 13,4 kW backup power system in racks <ul><li>Battery hybrid backup power system for big Chinese network operator </li></ul><ul><li>2 racks with each 4 modules of 1,7 kW standard units </li></ul><ul><li>DC power source for large telecom and data sites </li></ul><ul><li>External storage can provide extended power for emergency power </li></ul>
16. 5 kW backup power system in rack Battery free backup power system for use in big telecom shelters for top operator in Canada. 1 rack with 3 x 1,7 kW standard units 16 hours on-site with 6 hr. response Economizer replacement – pulls heat out
17. Wireless Outdoor Cabinet Complete system 6kWe for 12 hours <ul><li>Battery free Backup power system for large OEM </li></ul><ul><li>Single 36U rack with: </li></ul><ul><ul><li>3 x 2 kW standard units or </li></ul></ul><ul><ul><li>2 x 2 kW plus LTE radios </li></ul></ul><ul><li>12 hour Backup from standard H2 cylinders for critical and remote sites </li></ul>Easy way to overlay LTE plus long-run Backup
18. Data Indoor Cabinets - UPS 5kWe Backup extenders use front-end of UPS eases integration, requires no unplugging. Easy way to add or extend data backup with limited building modifications. Stand-alone 4 hours 2 kWe UPS for critical individual loads.
19. Next Gen – 5kWe Backup/Vent <ul><li>Twin 2.5kWe with complete internal redundancy. </li></ul><ul><li>Continuous 5kWe with 1000 hour life with zero voltage decay. </li></ul><ul><li>Requires 15U in 19 or 23” rack </li></ul><ul><li>Mounts through walls as HVAC </li></ul><ul><li>Draws hot stale air from buildings/shelter </li></ul><ul><ul><li>Exhaust vent saves airconditioner costs </li></ul></ul>
20. Sample Economics TempPower 1 kW DC, urban setting, 25% less $$ than diesel Backup fibre 2.7 kW DC, 16hours, 30% savings over battery/generator Backup data 5 kW AC, 16 hours, 5 times per year, -20% over bat/gen Remote PV 1.6 kW DC, 400 hours per year, -15% CapEx and -25% OpEx Backup BTS 1.5 kW DC, 24hours onsite, 20% savings over batt/gen