1. Now A Leading Chiropractor In Knox County Helps Locals
Get Whiplash Pain Relief
2. When someone is suffering from a whiplash
injury, alleviating the serious pain that results is
uppermost in his or her mind. This neck pain usually
occurs in a car crash. Your Knox County chiropractor will
work towards reducing the severity of that pain.
3. An office visit will consist of an examination of the entire
spinal column, from neck to coccyx, which is the lower
end of the spine. An x-ray may be required and
sometimes an MRI. Severity of the pain must be
evaluated before care can begin.
4. Ligament pain, muscle spasms and significantly
restricted motion may occur. Some individuals must
wear a neck brace for a period of time. This stabilizes
the head until it is less difficult to turn it.
5. The chiropractor may watch how you walk as a means of
aiding in the evaluation. Your ability to move will
indicate the severity of the injuries. Only after an
assessment will it be possible to recommend the
optimal care plan for you.
6. Immediately following the accident, your pain may be in
its most acute stage. Gentle stretches and ice
applications may help during that period of time. As the
inflammation subsides, care can begin to include gentle
7. The spinal adjustment technique is selected to alleviate
pain. There are also manual applications used to
improve soft tissue injuries. Massage and trigger point
pressure are among them. The trigger point technique
relieves muscular tension.
8. Ultrasound may be added to reduce inflammation by
stimulating muscles, thereby relieving the spasms and
easing stiffness. Ultrasound sends a low frequency
electric current to the affected area. These sound waves
increase circulation by administering mild heat to the
9. The optimal methods applicable to your set of injuries
will be used to alleviate your pain. As healing occurs
your neck pain will subside. The final goal of your Knox
County chiropractor is to return you to work and restore
the quality of life you once enjoyed.