1. Hi, Im David Wright. This is my not-so-traditional CV.
2. An engineering project manager... with a passion for turning ideas into reality with great teams.
3. Like these...
4. Ive lived here. Worked with colleagues, ** * * * * * * * suppliers, partners and * * * * * * * * * customers here *. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Was born here. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Am British & Canadian, and a global citizen.
5. Ive worked on projects, products,and with people at these companies...
6. Some stuff Ive done...Business analysis & strategic planningInnovation and Research & DevelopmentHands-on CAD design & manufacturingengineering Project managementOperations management Marketing B2C & B2B Management consulting Presentations & training eCommerce, BI, & KM architecting
7. With these job titles... ● Technical Consultant (Head of Marketing) at TAG-McLaren ● VP Research & Development at in-formed ● Chief Scientist & Engineer, VP Strategic alliances & Marketing at Braintech ● Principal Partner at GE Consulting ● Consulting Professor at Kwantlen Polytechnic University ● Head of New Products at Whitewater West ● R&D Project Manager at Pursuit Dynamics
8. In these sectors... ● Aerospace ● Automotive ● Electronics ● FMCG ● Energy & utilities ● eCommerce ● Industrial automation, materials handling & robotics ● Leisure Waterslides ● SMEs
9. Helping people develop“Brave New World” products,
10. and to continuously improve with“Faster, Better, Cheaper” solutions,
11. and startnew groups and businesses,
12. to generate wealthand jobs.
13. I have a passionfor elegant solutions,
14. getting great resultswith diverse teams,
15. Taking a balanced perspective on theshifting “sweet spots” of technicalengineering capability, and thecommercial competitive marketplaceopportunity. Yikes!
16. Interested in my formal education?
17. Degrees from great universitieswhen working in industry... University of Birmingham BEng Manufacturing Engineering Loughborough University PhD Manufacturing Engineering MBA BusinessWhere I learnt about value chains,technology impacts, bigger picturestrategies, sustainability, innovation,completing projects in teams, commerce,and making stuff that matters.
18. I like to meet peopleand share ideas... ●Networking with professional associations and conferences- IET, CMA, RSA, and IEEE. ● Trade groups and shows. ● A chartered engineer since 1998 (mechanical/software bias).
22. project management and businessconsulting across sectors,
23. being a marketing lead sellingsoftware & engineered systems,
24. and an operations executiveleading teams and new ventures.
25. So what; how does that impact us? ● Empowered teams ● Delighted clients ● Product portfolio lifecycle optimisation ● Assured quality ● Reduced costs ● Increased revenues ● Better reporting & communications ● KPI results wins
26. Dont take my word for it... Awarded Honorary Research Fellowship in Mechanical Engineering at the University of Birmingham, UK (2010). “excellent consulting professor.. contributions to departmental initiatives have been widely praised by students, colleagues, and administrators. . employs an enthusiastic teaching style.. engages students with applied examples..is a devoted mentor.. I highly recommend him..” Ron Shay, Chair of Business Management Department, Kwantlen University College. Winner 2003 Henry Ford Technology Award by Ford Motor Company in recognition of Braintechs 3D-Vision Guided Robotics parts handling technology. This Award program recognizes Fords highest level of technical achievement by employees and suppliers. Roles: creation of engineering quality, document, design processes, and operations systems to world-class standards; and extensive liaison with Ford. “..a tremendous asset for any company- whether on focused consulting “..a engagements, or as an extremely competent executive” Vince Taylor, VP, Braintech. “..proved an invaluable contributor to the thought process of the consulting organization.. provided quality of thought and direction.. recommended without hesitation” Brian Thomas, Managing Director, TA-Fluor. hesitation” World Champion- Formula One Constructors Title, at TAG-McLaren, 1998. IEE (now IET) top 1% Continuing Professional Development (CPD) Award. Finalist, European IT awards, 1996 (e-engineering). IProdE Award, University of Birmingham, 1991.
27. When Im not working I...
28. compete in BBQ & food cookoffs,
29. enjoy travel, culture, art & literature,landscapes & languages,
30. and volunteerat Oxfam and support VSO.
31. Enough about me. How can I help you?
32. Get in touch email@example.com @davetwright davetwright http://uk.linkedin.com/in/davidtwright