9 steps to Optimizing Your Website for SEO and Profits
9 Steps to OptimizingYour WebsiteBy Escape The Matrix
If you build a business you put asign on the building and the side ofthe road right?If you have a websitebuilt and you want it toget some traffic thereare some very basicthings you NEED to dothat will make a hugedifference in yourresults!
The followingComprehensive 9 steps willhelp you optimize yourwebsite to attractcustomers, and get yousome love from Google
1. Make a spreadsheetof your sites main pages.Recordthefollowing
Titles, Descriptions and Meta Tags(keywords) Entered for all URLS
2. Create a list of the Keywordsyou would like to rank for Think “What would some one type into a search engine to find my site?”
3. Use SEMRush.com todeterminewhatrankingsyour sitealreadyhas
*VERY IMPORTANT!*Check whichpage is rankingfor whatkeyword!
If a subpage is ranking 15th forthe Keyword “brass trinket,” thenyou are going to optimize thatpage for “brass trinket,” NOT yourhome page!
4. Use SEM Rush and Google’s External Keyword Tool to determine which words are most relevant for your site.
Believe it or not, there is adifference between “GreensvilleOrthodontics”and“GreensvilleOrthodontist”
5. Re-write the Meta-Titlesof your pagesThe title should start with the most important keyword you want to rank forThis is usually the keyword with the most traffic, but isn’t alwaysWhen in doubt, aim for the higher traffic Keywords
6. Re-write your PageDescriptionsInsert your keywords wherever they make the most senseRemember the purpose of the description is to SELL a web surfer on your site!It is NOT to force in unnatural sounding keywordsYour description should draw the visitor into visiting your site
7. Enter the main keywordand it’s derivatives into theMeta-Tags.Don’t over do itwith keywords!!3-4 derivativesis plenty!
8. Re-write the H1 title ofyour pagesThe H1 title of your page should include your main keywordThe keyword should be placed atthe beginning or close to thebeginning of the title
9. Check your content forSecondary wordsUse secondary keywords throughout the page wherever theysound naturalYour primary keyword doesn’t need to be used any more thane 3 or 4 times throughout your whole pageAny more than this annoys Google and your reader
Remember!!Usability and ReadabilityALWAYS come beforeoptimization when it comesto content!
For a more in depth guide to thisprocess click the image below
For more fantastic Informationabout SEO, Social Marketing andinternet marketing tips visit EscapeThe Matrix’s Website: