• SoLoMo was created because of the
increasing growth of the popularity of handheld devices such as mobile phones, tablets,
and smart phones.
• It provides a more accurate results on search
engines compared to what is found in PC
• Social-Local-Mobile is a meeting point of
shared, location-based, and portable
• The application helps advertisers know its
customers’ preferences depending on their
• So in short, SoLoMo is a marketing technique
• People nowadays do not only depend on
primary sources of information, such as
branding and website promotions, but they
also look for third party sources, such as
friend’s comments, criticism from others, and
news magazines etc.
• Mobile devices has been an extension to
people especially in business and recreation.
• With the use of SoLoMo, instead of leading
their target market to the usual advertising
tools such as TV, radios, PC etc., e-commerce
people have now the power to advertise
• Local e-commerce shops will have an
advantage to promote their sites and products
to people within the vicinity
• And with the capacity of smart phones these
days, going to e-commerce site is just a click
away after consumers read their
• In 2 years time, more smart phone users will
be available, and companies can take
advantage of it.
• SoLoMo could established its name to get the
attention of the smart phone users.
• If the growth of SoLoMo continues, it would
greatly influence customer behavior. People
might depend more on mobile
advertisements, and companies could use this
opportunity to build a strong relationship with
them. Brand loyalty and customer response
could be established.
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.