5. A unique blog is more likely to succeed…
Reason # 5 (why readers unsubscribe)
Too many posts that I see
(Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News)
~Source: Pro Blogger, 34 reasons why readers unsubscribe from your blog
Success = narrowing the
A great blog experience
content with conversation
+ stimulation. At the end
of the day, it should
connect curator with
7. blogs + brands
8. you want to be?
What kind of brand would
9. How about these…
10. do you have blog brand?
11. Are you blogging or representing your personal brand?
12. how to design a better blog experience.
13. The 4C’s of blogging
Your community will only be as good as the amount of effort you put into
cultivating one. Get involved.
It’s not about responding to every single comment—but it is about listening
Give your community something to think about. Ask their opinions. Don’t
provide all of the answers—let them fill in the blanks.
15. Example: including your community
Don’t know if you’ve “found your voice”? Then you haven’t. You’ll know the
moment you do. And when it happens—speak up.
Talk about the things you care about. Be true to yourself.
The Beatles experimented and evolved, yet they were still the one and only
Beatles. Experiment—just do it consistently.
17. Example: sometimes industry, sometimes life
sometimes… and other times…
Whatever the topic—the voice should be consistent
You need to “see” where you want to go even if you don’t know how to get
there. Having a definitive vision is everything.
Your communication and conversation should be clear and articulate.
Rambling doesn’t make for good conversation.
Don’t let the word vision scare you off. It doesn’t mean you need to be a
genius—you just need to keep your eyes on the road.
19. Example: clarity combines vision with agility
“Logic+Emotion exists at the intersection of Marketing,
Brand Engagement + Experience Design—where passive
consumers become active participants.”
Your content will be as unique as the way you frame it. Don’t just
report—have opinions and seek the opinions of others.
People are hungry for knowledge and “know-how”. If you know
something, share it.
Make no mistake. You are in the service industry. If your content offers
no value—neither do you.
21. Example: aggregating content
22. one more thing…
23. Stop calling yourself a blogger
24. People aren’t.
Bloggers are one-dimensional.
25. Find your passion
26. let your passion shape your blog
27. My passion for design helps me create a unique blog experience
Design isn’t just about
making something pretty.
Design is about creative
Everything is designed.
Marketers need design.
Marketers need good design.
Good design doesn’t always
Don’t be a blogger—be a conversation architect
29. Dialogue is fueling the “conversation economy”
30. and affinity keeps people coming back
31. People will talk about a unique blog experience. And come back for more.
32. …because good experiences make people happy.
Credit: Adrian Lai