1. Content Generation and Curation December 19, 2012
2. Today’s Action Plan• Content is nearly everything!• Creating Content• Curating Content• Be a Platform for Content• Content Calendars
3. Creating Content• Integrated, not isolated• Use ‘recipes’ to break writer’s block• Keep it steady• Don’t do it all yourself!
5. • Alumni feature• Profile student work• Donor profile• Invite guest bloggers• Focus on school values• Top 5 or 10 list• Your ideas?
6. • Be a network weaver• Listen for stories, ideas• Have clear, easy guidelines• Be specific in your invitation• Strive for diversity• Encourage sharing
7. CONTENT CURATION is the process of sorting through the vast amounts of content on the web andpresenting it in a meaningful and organized way around a specific theme.
8. "Curation comes up when search stopsworking…[and] when people realizethat it isnt just about informationseeking, its also about synchronizing acommunity.” -Clay Shirky
9. Curation Examples
10. From Beth Kanter http://www.bethkanter.org/content-curation-101/
11. What Are the Topics You Will be Curating?
12. Do You Have a Content Calendar?
13. Editorial CalendarsShared spreadsheet to view/edit 24%Shared calendar to view/edit 30%Handwritten/paper/online version for me 34%Have a plan, but in my head 20%No plan or don’t use a calendar 15%
14. Editorial Calendar Planning How far in advance does it go?1-2 weeks 11%1 month 27%2 months 12%More than 2 months 31%Don’t plan details in a calendar 20%
15. Google Calendar
16. SpreadsheetInclude columns for measurement!
17. Q&AWhat are you doing now? Next steps?
18. Next webinar:January 8, 2-3pm eastern Social Fundraising