1. Facebook-enabled Community-Building and Fundraising Tools for Nonproﬁts
2. Causes BackgroundJoe Green, Co-founder and President • Founder of Essembly.com, the ﬁrst political social network. • Worked for political campaigns at national, state, and local level. • Early collaborator on Facebook Sean Parker, Co-founder and Chairman • Co-founded Napster, Plaxo and Facebook, serving as chief executive or president of each. • Guided Facebook through explosive growth, making it one of the most trafﬁcked sites on the Net. • Pioneered strategies for online network growth Peter Thiel, Board Member and Investor • Co-founded PayPal in 1998 and served as Chairman and CEO; sold to eBay in 2002. • Early investor in LinkedIn, YouTube and Facebook.
3. Overview In less than four years, $35 million has been raised throughCauses.com by thousands of nonproﬁts and activists. Currently, weprocess over $30,000 per day in small-dollar donations to US 501(c)3 organizations. • 150 million installed users on Facebook • 17,000 ofﬁcial non-proﬁt partners • $35 million donated through the platform • Donations supported to all 1.5 million U.S. non-proﬁts • 300,000 birthdays donated to nonproﬁts (Birthday Wish) • $2 million donated to speciﬁc nonproﬁt projects in Q4 2010
5. Causes Nonproﬁt Partners
6. Start a Cause
7. Start a Cause
8. Start a Cause
9. Build your Community1. Promote your Cause 2. Put a widget on your website – www.causes.com/widgets 3. Make/Market a membership goal 4. Start a “Top Recruiter” contest 5. Give speciﬁc people ownership over building the community 6. What would get my community members to recruit their friends? Who would want to join?
10. Susan Tells Her Network via News Feed Tell your friends why they should join too
11. Susan Ask Specific Friends to Join Your Cause
12. Multi-Channel Promotion Blog Twitter Facebook Page Website Cause Community Email
13. Susan Sees your Messages in Facebook News Feed AND Email Facebook News Feed Personal Email
14. Post a Bulletin
16. Nonprofit Partner Center Tools http://nonprofits.causes.com Download Donor Contact Information Email Donors
17. Case Study: Ase Academy
18. Thank you! Susan Gordon Director of Nonprofit Services firstname.lastname@example.orgMore Resources:http://exchange.causes.comhttp://www.youtube.com/causescom