1. How to Get ReTweeted
Presented by: Dan Zarrella
2. What are ReTweets?
3. What are ReTweets?
RT @username: Original Tweet (Via @username)
4. ReTweet Etiquette
• Leave room (120 chars).
• Do not start the ReTweet with an @ sign.
• Give credit.
• Try to keep as much of the original tweet intact as
5. Why do I Want ReTweets?
6. ReTweeting = Link Sharing
7. ReTweeting = Link Sharing
ReTweeting is an accepted way to spread your content.
8. More Followers = More ReTweets
10. Most ReTweeted Words
11. Offer Value
• How Tos and Instructional Content
• News, especially breaking news
• Warnings (like the DM phishing scam)
• Freebies and Contests
12. Ask for the ReTweet
13. Calls to Action
• Check out…
• Follow this person
• Please vote
• Help me
14. Timing is Everything
15. ReTweet Cascades
• The likelihood of a tweet being ReTweeted increases
dramatically each time it is ReTweeted.
• Social Proof.
• Implicit Call-to-Action.
16. ReTweet Cascades
17. Getting Your Content ReTweeted
• Display Tweet-It Buttons (http://twitter.grader.com).
• Ask for the ReTweet (politely).
• Publish during the ReTweet window.
• “Seed” content to popular Twitter users.
18. Thank You