2. Periodic Table historyThe periodic table wascreated by DmitriMendeleev in 1869 inRussia.He made the ﬁrstperiodic table byorganizing the elementsby atomic mass and theamount of electrons.
3. How is it organized• The periodic table is organized by atomic mass and atomic number (the amount of protons).• The rows are called periods and the columns are called groups.• The elements are also divided into 4 blocks
4. Relationships of Elements• The elements are organized based on their similarities• The elements are organized into groups depending on their properties like noble gases or alkali metals.
5. Carbon• Symbol C atomic number 6 atomic mass=12.0107• Graphite and Diamonds are made of carbon.• Carbon is the second most common element in the human body
6. Potassium·•Symbol K atomic number19 mass=39.0983·•The human body needs potassium to function properly·•Most potassium is used in fertilizer, but its also used in fireworks, and making certain types of glass.
7. Tungsten·•Symbol W atomic number 74 mass=183.84·•Used in jewelry the nozzles of rocket engines and in some lightbulbs.•
8. Argon·•symbol Ar atomic number18 mass=39.948·•Argon is a noble gas ·•Argon is used in certain surgical lasers and some types of welding. Its also used in blue fluorescent lights