1. social media for Non-ProfitsDanny Keith Chief Development and Technology Officer Second Harvest Food Bank
2. Why does my nonprofit need a blog? Social Media is not any different than traditional media. It is the Second Internet. If used properly you can increase your donation revenue. Social Media provides you a targeted voice for your nonprofit message. Blogging is unique content that search engines give favorable ranking results.
3. Social Media and You Social Media gives you the opportunity to speak to the people that want to hear what you have to say. Involve clients in the process, identify what you can handle, then ask them for input. New Golden Rule: You do not own your brand, your customer does.
4. Social Media Integration By adding a Facebook“Like” button you allow the reader to virally share your content at will. Syndicating your blog into Facebook Fan Page and LinkedIN profile creates a channel for your content. Connect YouTube channel to your nonprofits’s Facebook Fan Page.
5. Creating a Facebook Page
6. Social Integration By adding a Facebook “Like” button you allow the reader to virally share your content at will. Syndicating your blog into Facebook Fan Page and LinkedIN Profile creates a channel for your content. Connect business Twitter account to Facebook Fan Page. Connect YouTube channel to Facebook Fan Page.
7. How will they find you?
8. Why users hide your updates 3 main reasons: They lose interest in your product or updates Too many updates, too frequently Insufficiently engaging content
9. Status Updates Why are they there? What do they want? Status updates should embrace: Consistency Quality over quantity What incentive are they given once they “like” you?
10. Facebook Insights
11. Facebook Insights continued
12. Danny’s Contact Info email@example.com Facebook.com/dannykeith Twitter.com/rickydanny Linkedin.com/in/dannykeith ARTICLES FOR REFERENCE http://www.huffingtonpost.com/craig- newmark/infographic-how-the-top- 5_b_1011176.html?ir=Technology Download this presentation here http://www.slideshare.net/dannykeith