Reasons to use Facebook Pages
1. Establish another outpost for your business on the web
2. Drives traffic to an existing website
3. Improves your SEO
4. Allows you to interact with your community easily and for FREE
5. Connects you and staff with customers and fans
6. Strengthens customer relations
7. Provides a breeding ground and platform for brand evangelists
8. Listening and observing has the potential to improve your
9. ROI metrics are readily available
10.Allows you to keep pace with competition free of charge.
Source: 10 Ways a Facebook Fan Page Helps Your Business, http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/204492
Where to start in Facebook
Create a business pageSign up for an account Start finding “friends”
321 Make a personal account
with your name, not your
business name. No need
to fill in information about
yourself unless you really
want to, but keep in mind
privacy concerns (Rule of
thumb – don’t put
anything on there you
wouldn’t want the entire
world to see or know
tOnce your account is
setup, create an official
page for your business.
Here you can list
information about what
your business does
and what it has to offer
to customers. Also
make sure to include
information, your hours
of operation, and web
page if you have one.
Use the Friend Finder
function, which uses your
address book to search
for people you know that
already have Facebook
accounts. Once you
collect friends on
Facebook, look through
their friends as well for
is all about making
connections with others,
so the more people you
can get your message
out to, the better.
Creating a Page in Facebook
Literacy Volunteers of Oswego County
The Most Important Piece of
• Commit to spending the time to connect with people
Before setting up an account, you need to make a
conscious commitment to the time you will need in
order to make yourself relevant. Become engaged!
• Content is King!
Offer meaningful content to your ”friends”. If you
do, it will give you credibility and make you relevant.
People share what they find most informative and
useful, thus increasing your potential customer
base and business notoriety.
To Do List
Post a professional photo of yourself to reinforce your brand.
Share business news or related surveys to gain credibility.
Limit what photos work related friends can see.
Put Facebook Widget on your website.
Create different lists of contacts – Work, Family, Friends.
Create a vanity URL and share in email signature.
Join other fan pages related to your business.✓
More Connections – More Business Potential
Easy ways to stay connected
How to manage all this traffic and information?
•Reply by Email
•Dedicated Staff Member
• Location based social networking
– Offer incentives to customers for visiting your
– List information that others can lookup
On the Horizon
What’s the next hot item online?