Toondoo is another Web 2.0 application with wonderful
potential for teachers and learners. Toondoo offers a
convenient platform for creating and sharing cartoons. To
get started, you simply choose a single, double, or triple
panel. You can import images, but Toondoo offers a wide
range of characters, text bubbles, backgrounds, etc. You will
need to create an account for Toondoo.
1. Click on the button.
2. Select a layout you want to use.
3. The buttons at the top of the cartoon strip allows you to add features to your cartoon strip.
People Background Props Text Brushman Special Clipart My Gallery
4. Build your cartoon by dragging the icons to your cartoon strip. Remember the toolbar down
the bottom allows you to edit.
5. When you have finished save your cartoon by clicking on the and the save
6. You will have to fill in some details
This will allow you to choose who you want to see your cartoon.
7. View your cartoon by clicking on in tab.
8. You can add a few cartoons together to compose a book. Click on the book icon under
the search menu. Drag the Toondoo thumbnails to create a book.
9. To embed cartoon in a blog, view it and select the EMBED button. This will give you the code to
paste in your blog.
To embed a Toonbook view it and click on the button to get the code.
Once you become more confident you can create your own characters by selecting the Trait
button and upload your own pictures to edit by selcting ImagineR button!