People in a train, with their phones, willing to share pics/videos That is because…
[slow down] one the way back home they are willing to share pic/videos
Too much content around. My phone doesn’t know from whom to download pixcs/videos One of the solutions is the proposal of my phd
For the last 3 years I’ve been thinking how to do that Thumbs up/ down -> ratings -> to aututomatically select reputable people And, for 3 years, I;’ve been thinking about just 2 things….
How to store And how to use Period. That’s what I was doing all day long for 3 years My dayhob paid by you guys was to dayfream and come up with ideas on how … My goal: [hand] is to presents two papers.
[pause] Le’ts start with the first problem
1. _ _
2. I did my PhD @
3. U niversity C ollege L ondon
5. Ratings on ...
6. Ratings on phones
7. Why ratings on mobiles?
8. Situation : People exchange digital content
13. The problem is ...
14. drowning user (content overload) help! who will come to the rescue?
15. Proposal: Accept content only from reputable people
16. Use Store
17. Use Store MobiRate [Ubicomp08]
18. Use Store LDTP [ICDM07] MobiRate [Ubicomp08]
20. Collaborative applications: track trustworthiness of IDs
21. one misbehaves & creates bogus identities (goes untraceable)
22. Traditional Solutions
24. p2p socnet fast mixing & no churn
25. 1. u’ve got friends: honest & key-enabled! 2. u don’t move randomly 3. homophily: P(honest honest)=HIGH assumptions
26. “ A meets B” @A: 1. B &co. into its network 2. rank B 3. accept/reject B
31. device keeps 2 nets & reasons on them
33. 1. B &co. into networks 2. 2 ranks for B 3. accept/reject B 4. update networks` “ A meets B”
34. GoodRank BadRank B C D E F G L M N O P
35. GoodRank BadRank B C D E F G L M N O P
36. Does it work?
42. issue 1: social exclusion
43. MobID + FriendSensing
44. FriendSensing ((.))
46. Keep Bluetooth on (record who is around)
47. Upload records
48. People you may know
49. People You May Know Forrest Gump Bambie Barack Obama Add to Friends Add to Friends Add to Friends