Local SEO - Alex Minchin - OxonDigitalPresentation Transcript
By Alex Minchin
What do I need to know? 1 in 5 Google searches have local intent 1 in 3 mobile searches have local intent Local listings have positional advantage People like to buy locally!
What is Local SEO?
A look at the top...
What’s important? Business Name Address Phone Number Domain Name Links Citations Reviews Directory Listings Testimonials Geo-tagging Social Check-In Services Proximity
Consistency of Business Name, Address, and Phone Number is crucial to Local Search success.
5 Things you can do tostart optimising for Local SEO
1. Decide upon your keywords Do your chosen keywords bring up a Places result when searched for? Is there traffic volume? Who are your competitors? Is it a realistic target?
2. Research your competitors
3. Optimise your profile(s) Business Name, Address, Tel. Photos - any will do! Videos - create free videos easily at animoto.com, Microsoft Movie Maker or iMovie. Categories/Tags – your chosen keywords Consistent Description Note down your Google Places profile details so that you have a structure to follow for all other profiles.
4. Search for citations Searching for your competitors’ phone number and business name will bring up a list of their citations.
5. Ask for reviews Existing customers New customers (during the ‘honeymoon period’) Suppliers Partners
To summarise Choose your keywords wisely Fill in your profile(s) as much as you can Keep all business details consistent Acquire citations and links (Biz name + Tel.) Ask for reviews!