What you can do with Blackboard
• Communicate with your students
• Create and post course materials
• Facilitate student collaboration
• Streamline your homework process
• Create online tests and surveys
• Electronically deliver grades
• Links to course related web sites
• Central location jumping point for class
Streamline Homework Process
• Post homework assignments online.
• Have students submit completed work in
the digital dropbox.
• Post student grades and return annotated
Manage Course Grades
• Record grades for traditional assessments as
well as blackboard online assignments.
• Provide student online access of grades.
(saves time when kids want to know their
progress report grade)
• View statistics for each assessment in
• Students get immediate feedback on tests &
are able to review the whole test. (good for
Deliver Course Material
• Html, text, audio, video, and MS Office
formats such as PowerPoint, Word, Excel.
• Navigation buttons include: Bibliography,
Books, Course Information, Course
Documents, Course Materials, Documents,
Homework, Course Information, Lectures,
Labs, Projects, Syllabus, Textbook, and
Communicate with Students
• Announcements-Post announcements, daily
reminders, extra credit, etc.
• Send e-mail to an individual student, group of
students, or the whole class.
• Discussion Board-Set up forums for students to
participate in discussions outside of class time.
It logs conversations, allows creation of topics.
• File exchange tool allows multiple users to
work on an assignment from different locations
& to collaborate
• Multiple choice, T/F, fill in the blank, multiple
answer, matching, ordering, short answer/essay are
all formats supported by this site.
• You can even attach pictures, audio, video, or links
to articles or sites on the web inside of a test.
• Provides immediate student feedback of correct
answers or built in responses that can teach why that
is the right/wrong answer.
• Surveys can allow for online polling or evaluations.
• We could even build question pools for all to share.