As a freelancer, youare an entrepreneur. Youre a brand and a business. Youmust approach yourwork the same way you would if you were running a corner store.
1. Work your ass off. Warning: You may have to give up sleep, your social life, and free time in order to eat, breathe, and live your business. But look on the bright side:You get to make a living doing what you love
2. Dont ever stopbrainstorming.Always come up with new ways to➢ Get people to see you➢ Spread your influence➢ Showcase your brand➢ Make money off your writing Stay creative.
3. Believeyour dreams Your career isnt a pipe dream.are possible. Its a path. Keep doing the work until you get to where you want to be.
4. Dont be afraid tosucceed where othershave failed. Youre probably going to Be ruthless. watch a lot of friends fall by the wayside. Dont get stuck in a rut waiting for them to catch up with you.
5. Its not personal.Its business.Dont be shy about remindingfriends and family who askfor favors that this is howyou make your living.
Put it all together, and youhave the Magic Formula...Midwestern work ethic NYC ferocity California dreamin
I guess you could callthat theAmericanDream?Dream
Best of luck in your journey! Dana Sitar is a freelance journalist and indie author. She shares resources, tips, and tools for writers in search of a path through DIY Writing. For more ways to find inspiration, education, and experience on your writing journey, check out @danasitar A Writers danasitar.com Bucket List writersbucketlist.com