21. Meetings<br /><ul><li> Theme 3 September 3, 2009
22. Seminar Series I November 5, 2009
23. Themes 1 & 2 January 6-7, 2010
24. DOE Visit January 29, 2010
25. Seminar Series II February 19, 2010
26. EFRC Directors March 1, 2010
27. Seminar Series III May 18, 2010
28. All Hands June 3-4, 2010
29. DOE Review June 11, 2010
30. SAC Meeting October 20, 2010
31. EFRC Meeting Spring 2011</li></li></ul><li>Research Affiliate Program<br /><ul><li>Designed to encourage external collaborations and partnerships.
32. Focused on investigators from academic or non-profit institutions that are not current members of PARC.</li></ul>Current PARC Research Affiliates >><br />Gregory Engel<br />The University of Chicago<br />Harry Frank<br />University of Connecticut <br />David Kramer<br />Washington State University<br />Min Chen<br />University of Sydney, Australia<br />Ladislav Nedbal <br />Institute of Systems Biology & Ecology, Academy of Sciences of the Czech Republic<br />Paul Loach and Pamela-Parkes Loach Northwestern University<br />Hugh O’NeillOak Ridge National Laboratory<br />
33. Scientific Exchange Program<br />Travel grants for graduate students & postdocs to visit PARC and non-PARC labs.<br /><ul><li> Posted on the ning http://parc-wustl.ning.com/
35. Awards will normally range from $1,000 - $5,000</li></li></ul><li>Reports Submitted to DOE<br />Due to DOE on April 30:<br /><ul><li> Operational Review Document (one-time)
36. Annual Progress Report
37. Subawardee reports are due April 22 annually</li></li></ul><li>FAQs<br />May I carryover unspent funds to the next budget year?<br /><ul><li> Yes; Explain if over 20% of the available funds</li></ul>May I spend salary funds on supplies? On equipment?<br /><ul><li>Yes; Equipment does not get overhead/indirect costs. </li></ul>Does this purchase count toward equipment? <br /><ul><li>>$5K, non-expendable item, useful life >2yrs.</li></ul>When does DOE need to be notified of a change?<br /><ul><li>$100K or more
38. Revised budget page needed for future costs exceeding 25% of original</li></li></ul><li>Reminders<br />Please…<br /><ul><li> Cite PARC in your publications
39. Send copies of your PARC publications
40. Send details of outreach activities
41. Share your firstname.lastname@example.org</li></li></ul><li>PARC<br />
42. PARC needs a logo!<br />
43. PARC Logo Contest<br /><ul><li> Members of the community will submit their own design for a new PARC logo.
44. Submissions can be sent in any format.
45. Photoshop it, draw it, paint it, etc. Whatever works, we want to see it.
46. Submissions will be sent to me - Dan_Allen@wustl.edu</li></ul>- The pool of submissions will be narrowed down to 3-5 selections.<br /><ul><li> Selections will be posted on and
47. The community will then be able to vote on their favorite to become the new PARC logo. </li></li></ul><li>PARC Logo Contest<br /><ul><li> Submissions will be accepted through the end of summer. The tentative day for the closing submissions is September 3rd. This date is likely to change.
48. Updates on the contest will continuously be sent out over the Ning network and Facebook.
49. The final decision will be made based on votes and the judgment of the PARC</li></ul> Operations staff. <br /><ul><li>The winning submission will be the new logo for PARC.
50. It will be featured on the website, videos, print media, etc. Your logo will be the new face for PARC and the community. </li></li></ul><li>PARC Logo Contest<br />But wait!<br />There’s more!<br />The Winner will receive a $100 Amazon Gift card!<br />
51. PARC Logo Contest<br />Additional Notes<br />- People can and are encouraged to collaborate with other team members.<br /> - Revisions can be made to your design but a final version must be sent in by September 3rd. <br /> - I am happy to help with feedback, ideas, design revisions, etc.<br /> - Be creative. <br />