5. Motivation• Competition• Community• Pride• Fun
6. The Ideal
7. Barriers to Success• Time• Technology (for students AND teacher)• Anxiety; cognitive overload• Perceived relevance
8. Best Practices
9. Keep it Simple• Concise, clear instructions• Provide examples• One task; one L.O. Scaffolding • Icebreakers • Feedback • Time for group discussion • Build to complexity
10. Make it Tactile
11. Feedback"I was too excited over using the white board and working in a group. This was a great approach and i loved it. Good job and thanks for making learning fun!"
12. Lets Talk and team-up, too!• firstname.lastname@example.org• @disobedientlib on twitter