1. Ferdinand Marcos(September 11, 1917 – September 28,1989) was a Filipino dictator who held thetitle of President of the Philippines from1965 to 1986. He was a lawyer, member ofthe Philippine house of representative(1949–1959) and a member of thePhilippine Senate (1959–1965). He wasSenate President from 1963–1965.While in power he implemented wide-ranging programs of infrastructuredevelopment and economic reform.However, his administration was marred bymassive authoritarian corruption,despotism, nepotism, political repression,and human rights violations.
2. In 1983, his government was accused ofbeing involved in the assassination of hisprimary political opponent, BenignoAquino Sr. Public outrage over theassassination served as the catalyst forthe People Power Revolution inFebruary 1986 that led to his removalfrom power and eventual exile in Hawaii.It was later discovered that he and hiswife Imelda Marcos had moved billionsof dollars of embezzled public funds tothe United States, Switzerland, and othercountries, as well as into allegedcorporations during his 20 years inpower.
3. Achievements of the Marcos GovernmentLand ReformsEducational ReformsLabor ReformsEconomic Prosperity during the 1970’s and the early 1980’sFarmers had “price support” and financial supportSelf-sufficient in rice exportsOverseas Filipino WorkersDevelopment of Infrastructures
4. Corazon Aquino In the morning of February 25,1986, the last day of the revolution, Mrs. Corazon Aquino took her oath of office as the new president of the Philippines. The simple ceremony was held at Club Filipino, Greenhills, Metro Manila. Thus, Mrs. Aquino became the first lady president of our country. President Aquino appointed a new Cabinet and restored democracy. She set free all the political prisoners. On March 25, 1986, she proclaimed a temporary “Freedom Constitution.” she swept away the old constitution and government of the Marcos dictatorship.Politics
5. The New ConstitutionPresident Aquino appointed delegates to a new constitutional commission(Con-Com) to make a new constitution. The Con-Com delegates met fromJune 2 until October 15 , 1986. the president of the Con-Com was Mrs.Cecilia Munoz Palma, retired Supreme Court Justice.The new constitution was approved by the people in a free plebiscite onFebruary 2, 1987.On May 11, 1987, new senators and congressmen were elected to the newCongress. It was one of the most peaceful and honest elections in Philippinehistory. The officers of the new Congress were Jovito Salonga, SenatePresident and Ramon Mitra, Speaker of the House of Representatives.Local Government was also returned to democracy. They voted their newgovernors, mayors, and councillors. They also elected their new barangayofficials.
6. Achievements of the Aquino Government1. The return of democracy, freedom, and justice in the Philippines.2. Partial recovery of the big sums of money stolen by Marcos and some members of his family and some of his friends and business associates.3. Improved the image of the Philippines abroad.
8. 1970s – 1980s, , films in this period now dealt with more serious topics following the chaos of the Marcos regime. Also, action and sex films developed further introducing more explicit pictures. These years also brought the arrival of alternative cinema in the Philippines. “Wet look” ,became the most popularBurlesk Queen. concept of movies after they banned the bomba movies. Ang Pinakamagandang Nympha Hayop sa Balat ng Lupa
9. He is one of the greatest director ofmovies and Philippine TV. He also becamean actor and script writerHe is well known on his melodramasparticularly on the issue about feminismand morality.Other movies that he made: Tisoy (1976),Pabling (1981), Working Girls I & II (1984& 1987).Himala (1982) - one of the greatestFilipino films of all time.
10. He is a noted film director,cinematographer, scriptwriter, andfilm producer.Known for his movies that depictsthe opinion of the Filipino’s about theissue against government andpolitics.Sister Stella L. (1984), KakabakabaKa Ba? (1980), Batch ’81 (1982).
11. During 80’s, cartoon characters was also popular mostly to the kids.Wonder Woman Shaider, Bio-man, Maskman, Mask Rider Black, Machine Man, Incredible Voltes V Hulk, Bioman, and other TV sitcom of Japan that was translate in Tagalog Language.
12. In the early up to mid-1980s, Pinoy Rock became the music of Filipino protesters Groups like NUKLUS, Sinaglahi, UP Sintunados Patatag, Tambisan, and soloist like the nationalist folk rock singers Paul Galang , Noel Cabangon were a hit onNUKLUS BAND Street concerts and campus tours. thisNOEL CABANGON groups of artists eventually reunited and formed BUKLOD [Bukluran ng mga Musikero para sa Bayan] which later Rom Donggeto , of Sinaglahi, Noel Cabangon, and Rene Bongcocan of Lingkod Sining took as their new band name when it disbanded after the EDSA Revolution.
14. radio television During 1980’s the technology was present and is used by many Filipino’s. That time when the family has four set of radio component, a television, and a telephone is treated to be rich and fabulous telephone Betamax was also introduced during that time and after a few years it was replaced by VHS. betamax
15. Boom box radio Boombox radio was also became popular to the people and sometimes it is bring in the street by the break dancer. In terms of fashion Sony walk man was the kind of technology used by people to show that they were in. In 1980’s Plaka is the most useful device when you wantSony walkman to play a music. Its player is PLAKA AND called a turn table. TURN TABLE
16. Nintendo Family Computer and Game and Watch was the most rented video games during that time. It was rented per hour by Filipino people. Game and WatchNintendo Family Computer
17. Significant Events
18. Martial Law President Marcos secretly signed the martial law order on September 21, 1972, but announced it only two days later. This gave him time to arrest his political opponents censor the press, and prepare the country for the new government.Significant Events
19. People Power On February 22 to 25, 1986, the Filipino people united in a peaceful, prayerful, and successful revolution to bring back democracy in the Philippines. This bloodless revolution was called the “People Power Revolution.” during this revolution, the Philippines became the centerSignificant Events
20. Assassination ofSenator Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino In the afternoon of Black Sunday, August 21, 1983, a China Airlines jet brought back Senator Benigno “Ninoy” Aquino Jr. to the Manila International Airport. He was returning after 3 years of exile in the United States. He wanted peace and reconciliation with President Marcos. But this top opposition leader was arrested by military security and shot by a military assassin as he got down the plane. The brutal assassination of “Ninoy” Aquino shocked our nation and the entire world.Significant Events