1. Human Trafﬁcking In Eastern Europe Daisy Korpics
2. Human Trafﬁcking Human traﬃcking is the trade of human life between a buyer and ase"er. The person who has been sold is expected to act as a slave. This could be in terms of labor, sex trade, or i"egal organ donations.
3. Facts About Human TrafﬁckingBetween 600,000-800,000 men, women, andchildren are forced into the slave tradeeach year27 million people are enslaved worldwidetoday80% are femalehalf are children1.2 million children trafﬁcked for sex32 billion dollars in annual proﬁtThat’s more than Starbucks, Google, andApple combined
4. Forms of Human Exploitation Organ Harvesting Sex Trafﬁcking Labor Trafﬁcking
5. Political Causes Corrupt government Loose punishments/ no punishments for human trafﬁcking Very few laws to prevent trafﬁcking
6. Political Effects Government ofﬁcials make it extremely easy for trafﬁckers Escape is almost impossible from trafﬁckers
7. Social Causes Very poor education for girls People desperate to make money Tons of young children living on the streets
8. Social Effects Women are sometimes willing to enter the sex trade hoping to make money or just to have somewhere to live Children are abducted off the streets into human trade
9. Economic Causes Millions living in poverty No one to provide for their families Women and children trying to stay off the streets Governments not doing well trying to raise income
10. Economic Effects Women and children selling themselves into trade People leaving their families to the trade in fear of not being able to support them
11. Solution 1: Education PositivesEducated women would be able Negatives to make money and sustain themselves This could be very expensive If important issues such as The government may not support human trafﬁcking are taught, this idea because it could hurtpeople would know how to better their part of the income protect themselves
12. Stricter Laws: Best Solution Positives Stricter laws could make convicting human trafﬁckers Negatives much easier Could be very difﬁcult to getA stronger court system and laws laws passed in Eastern European would severely cut down on countries human trafﬁcking This would ﬂush out lots of the corrupt gov’t ofﬁcials
14. What I Did...I joined the Not For SaleOrganization, which is agroup that ﬁghts modernday slavery by collectingmoney and sending outways for people to help andspread awareness. I alsodonated 20$ to them.