3. Celebrating 40 Years of Sunshine!Happy Anniversary, NSP!1972–2012I t’s difficult to believe that it’s been 40 years since the Hughes familyput cayenne pepper into gelatincapsules...and that a kitchen table inOrem, Utah would be the foundingplace of the premier-quality healthsupplement company, which spansthe globe. In four decades, Nature’sSunshine has seen: • he launch of over 600 amazing T new health products! • oors opening to our wares D and our opportunity in over 30 countries! • illions of people’s lives change as M they enjoy improved wellness. Gene and Kristine Hughes filled capsules by hand. • he financial success and T independence of thousands of distributors worldwide.It’s been 40 years of: • aring about others and sharing what we know so people can feel better. C • ighting for health freedom and supporting the rights to choose natural health and F other modalities. • nnovation…from pioneering encapsulation, to designing exclusive herbal formulas, I to offering exciting opportunities to earn travel, income and rewards. • uality, with world-class labs and manufacturing facilities and top-notch scientists Q to ensure your safety and satisfaction. • ervice, providing trained people S who are ready to help you. The average tenure of our Customer Share Your NSP Memories! Support reps is seven years. Our CS • hat first inspired you to join NSP? W supervisors have been with us for 21 • hat were your first impressions of the W years on average. company? • ntegrity. We’ve worked to build I • hat made NSP special to you? W relationships with you and earn • hat has your association with Nature’s W your trust. Sunshine meant to you and your family? • ow has your life changed because H It wouldn’t be a big anniversary for us of your involvement with Nature’swithout each of you! Celebrate with us Sunshine?all year long at our fabulous events and Send your thoughts to email@example.com terrific product specials. And join Be sure to include your name and accountus as we honor some of our longest- number. If we publish your 40 anniversary thtenured managers in our publications, memory, we’ll give you $40 product creditbeginning with the incomparable Ivy as a special thank-you. We appreciate all youBridge! (See pages 2-3.) do to make NSP successful. (You must be a Nature’s Sunshine Products, Inc. Manager or above to participate.) Order Sales 1-800-453-1422 www.naturessunshine.com January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 1
4. Manager Spotlight Celebrating our 40 with th Ivy Bridge by Courtney Hammond Ivy Bridge is an NSP legend. She was named Manager of the Year in 1989 and won the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2009. Ivy is known around the world for her famous cleanse, and she epitomizes the NSP manager with her caring, thoughtful, go-the-extra- mile attitude. Ivy grew up in Ireland, where she says she was raised on good, natural food. “No additives, no injections, no hypodermic needles at all,” she says. It wasn’t until her own son was in junior high with respiratory problems that it occurred to her that she needed to get her family back to those nutritious roots. “We had spent years at the doctors and on medications, and he still wasn’t healthy. Then we started eating raw foods, taking digestive enzymes and backing off the injections. Within a week, he was doing much better.” From there her interest in natural health grew. One day, around 1975, a friend told Ivy about a new company she had joined. “I don’t want to hear about it,” was Ivy’s curt reply. Then a few days later she noticed that a growth on her friend’s eyelid had gone down. When Ivy asked about it, her friend said, “I thought you didn’t want to hear about it.” She told Ivy all about Nature’s Sunshine and the product she was using, Special Formula #1 (now All Cell Detox). At that time, Ivy had been searching for black cohosh but couldn’t find it anywhere. She told her “You watch, friend, “If this new company has black cohosh, I’m in.” Her friend laughed and replied, “Well it looks like this will change you’re in.” Ivy rushed home and told her husband and her sons the news. Their response: “Oh no, here she goes again.” our lives,” she “You watch, this will change our lives,” she predicted. And boy was she right. predicted. And Ivy describes her beginnings with NSP as “humble.” She likes to remember that the first account number she was given was boy was she right.2 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
5. in the 60’s because she was one of the first Germany have used Ivy’s Cleanse. Ivyto join the company. But she decided to is so committed to bowel detoxificationrelinquish that number. “There were rules and digestion that she suspects she is thethat you couldn’t be involved in any other top seller of digestive enzymes, Liquidcompany, and I was in another company,” Chlorophyll and Aloe Vera. After yearsshe explains. “So, I signed up under of badgering the company (“I called themmy mother’s name.” But then I became every day”) about increasing the size of theconvinced that Nature’s Liquid Chlorophyll bottle,Sunshine was the one s she was presented with thecompany for me. I Ivy’s Colon Cleanse very first quart of Liquidwrote them a letter Chlorophyll at a Nationaland confessed what I 4 oz. unfiltered apple juice Convention.had done. I told them 4 oz. Nature’s Spring water Ivy’s business grew asmy real name, and 2 T Liquid Chlorophyll she invited people to herexplained that I don’t 2 T Aloe Vera meetings. She posted flyersnormally lie, and that 1 heaping t Psyllium Hulls in the Laundromat andI was really sorry and handed them out in grocerywanted to stay with B lend ingredients in blender. stores. Pretty soon peopleNSP. They wrote me Drink immediately. Drink started showing up.back and gave me my another glass of water Ivy has practiced immediately after with 2new account number, iridology for over 30 years Cascara Sagrada capsules.135.” and as she does this, she Take first thing in the morning. After joining NSP, teaches people about herbs Continue for at least twoIvy began to attend and nutrients. “Education is months, then use as desired.meetings held by her so important,” says Ivy. “I Drink plenty of water duringupline Manager, Oscar the day. You can use LOCLO as would tell anyone gettingEtsby. They were held a substitute for Psyllium Hulls. started today to learn andin Orange County in the study. Back when I gotback of a restaurant. But started, we were a smallsoon Ivy decided she wanted to start learning group. At conventions we used to gatherfor herself. The more she learned, the more in each others’ rooms and exchange notesshe became convinced that the root of good and ideas about herbs. It’s not quite likehealth is the bowel. “Clean the bowel. Change that today, but there is still a lot to learn.digestion. That’s where it all starts,” she says. Learning and growing never stops.” Today she is known for Ivy’s Cleanse, Thank you, Ivy, for helping Nature’swhich has become famous in the natural Sunshine celebrate 40 years. We arehealth community, even world-wide. People grateful that you have never stoppedin Australia, New Zealand, England and learning and sharing. January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 3
6. Building Hope One Project by Courtney Hammond L ittle Heroes Foundation is a charitable, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the mental and physical well-being of children throughout the world. Nature’s Sunshine is proud to be the founding sponsor of Little Heroes. As such, Nature’s Sunshine makes monthly donations to Little Heroes Foundation, which covers the administrative costs of the organization. In addition, Nature’s Sunshine donates a portion of the proceeds from the Sunshine Heroes product line to the Little Heroes Foundation to help support its ongoing projects and grants. This support from Nature’s Sunshine makes it possible for 100% of your donations to go directly to the projects and children. Many Nature’s Sunshine members have donated to Little Heroes, and we are grateful for your generous support. To date, Little Heroes has given hope to 48,000 people, including 32 life-saving surgeries, 1,200 educational opportunities and 32,000 health treatments for kids in the past three years.4 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
7. at a Time The Little Heroes Foundation Every year, Little Heroes A native Nepalese man be outfitted with necessary chooses one large project named Chandra contacted medical equipment. He to plan, build and oversee. Little Heroes about his estimated it would take Its inaugural project was team’s efforts to raise money his team years to raise the renovating and outfitting to build a health clinic $20,000 needed. With the a children’s hospital in close to the people in this help of generous Nature’s Lyubertsy, Russia, which rural community. Chandra Sunshine managers and houses sick children who had been informed that in distributors, Little Heroes have been turned over to order to be recognized as a was able to provide funding the state because they did health clinic by the Nepalese for the initial assembly of the not have adequate housing government and receive clinic, including equipping and care. Since then, Little governmental financial aid, it with x-ray machines Heroes has also built two the clinic would need to and lab equipment. It also Little Heroes Academies in helps provide maternal and Mali, Africa. As a result, now pediatric care along with 125 children have access to basic health training to locals an education every year. so they are better able to Most recently, Little take care of their health. The Heroes has teamed up with clinic will treat an estimated the People’s Foundation 20,000 people in 2012, and Nepal to fund a health clinic infant mortality is estimated in Birendranagar, Nepal. This to decrease by 60 percent. rural area is home to 542,000 Stay tuned for the next people. Before the clinic was big project, and thank you built, villagers had to travel for your continued support up to two days to get health of Little Heroes. To learn care. Consequently one in more about the Little Heroes six children in Birendranagar Foundation, please visit died before turning 1 year www.littleheroesfoundation. old. org. January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 5
8. In addition to a large yearly project, Little Heroes awards grants to help improve children’s lives through health, education and youth development. Here’s a sample of what Birendranagar, Nepal. Villagers can now get health care at home Little Heroes grants provide around the world: instead of traveling for two days thanks to Little Heroes and generous NSP Managers and Distributors.The West Ridge Academy (USA) houses youth struggling with academic,social, emotional and substance abuse problems. A Little Heroesgrant helps fund the academy’s Character Development and AddictionTreatment Program. Working in conjunction with Nature’s Sunshine, Little Heroes sponsored the Haiti Project, which delivered NSP vitamins to the Haitian people following the earthquake in January of 2010. The Little Heroes Foundation awarded a grant to Eagle Condor Humanitarian to help build a Refugee Youth Camp in Nueva Colombia, Colombia, an area with an estimated 3–4 million displaced people. The Refugee Youth Camp provides nutritional and educational activities as well as physical and mental health visits for over 100 children in the area. The Starfish Foster Home in Xian, A Little Heroes grant supports China, receives sick infants and the HALO Foundation orphanage babies from local orphanages in Kenya, which houses 28 and nurses them back to health, boys, nearly all of whom lost including providing needed their parents to AIDS. surgeries. The Little Heroes grant helps provide diapers, milk, food and hygiene supplies. A Little Heroes grant helped fund the IVUmed Pediatric Surgical Workshop in Lusaka, Zambia, which provides surgical care for children with urological defects.6 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
9. When You Need Immune DefenseTurn to Elderberry D3fenseWinter months can be particularly hard on the immune system. One of thereasons behind “winter immunity blues” is vitamin D deficiency. Mountingresearch shows that in addition to supporting bone health, vitamin D iscritical to the immune system. The body makes vitamin D from sunlight,and during the darker, cloudy winter months, sunshine and vitamin D areoften in short supply. NSP Elderberry D3fense combines elderberry fruit and vitamin D3with herbs that help the immune system, providing you with year-round support. It contains 2,000 IU vitamin D3 per serving,along with elderberry fruit extract and Echinacea purpurea.This formula also contains willow bark extract, olive leafextract and royal jelly for complementary immune-boosting support. Stock No. Product Direct Cost QV Points Sugg. Retail 897-2 Elderberry D3fense (90 caps) $15.95 15.95 $23.95
10. NEW! Natural Health Schools in 2012 We’re getting back to basics with An Introduction to Natural Health Nature’s Sunshine provides wonderful opportunities for learning. This year is no exception! Join us for An Introduction to Natural Health school on a Saturday in your area this year. Tailored to new members, this seminar provides an exciting environment where you can learn all about natural health and NSP products that support your health goals. At the same time, it offers the seasoned NSP manager a chance to add to his/her natural health knowledge. Seminar Details • eminars are held 9:00 a.m.– 5:00 p.m., usually on a Saturday, in cities all S over the country. • ost is just $35 for an 8-hour seminar! An incredible value. (Same price as C 2011) • e’ll cover the 10 body systems (circulatory, nervous, immune, etc.), learn W biology and basic functions, plus discuss products that support each system. • ncludes an invitation to the business opportunity, with a discussion of I NSP quality, selection and more. • ake home tools: a brand new spiral-bound workbook, the awesome new A T to Z guide, the How to Be Brilliant Product Catalog and a copy of our brand-new Unsurpassed Quality DVD. Who’s Teaching? Managers, watch for information Our 2011 instructors were so popular, we are pleased to announce that they will all on a special, Manager-focused teach for us again this year. • ulie DeVisser—Naturopathic Doctor and certified herbalist J weeklong intensive training course • indy Klement—bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Certified Nutritional Consultant C to be held in Utah this summer. and Certified Herbalist • renda Montrella—Naturopathic Doctor, Certified Natural Health Practitioner B and Certified Nutritional Consultant • ylvia Rogers—bachelor’s degree in Nursing, certified Biofeedback Specialist and S licensed spiritual healer • aurence Smith—bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Certified Natural Health L Consultant and professional herbalist • ay Vanden Heuvel, Ph.D.—American Reflexology Certification Board Member, J Certified Flower Therapist Why Should I Attend? • earn all about natural health and get on the path to a healthy, happy body. L • earn which NSP products may benefit you and your family or friends. L • ave 10% on your order at the seminar* with full QV! S • ake new friends and feel a part of something worthwhile—learning how M to be healthier and helping others do the same! • ake home materials to help you remember what you learned. T → Bring your new members and customers. Everyone is invited! Call Customer Service to register: 1-800-223-8225. See page 13 for a list of seminars this quarter. Or check our website, www.naturessunshine.com, for the latest locations and dates. *excludes NatureSeal8 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
11. Learn the Power of the FlowerAnnouncing Flower Essence Workshops!Help your customers and friends overcome • ow to turn negative emotions (anger, Hemotional issues on their road to improved fear, grief, anxiety, etc.) into positivehealth with NSP’s new flower essences. Learn opportunities for personal growth.all about them from Steven Horne, creator of • he relationships between physical Tthis new product line, in a special workshop health and our emotions, including ancoming to your area! understanding of why unresolved emotional Herbalist Steven Horne has been doing stress can make us physically ill.emotional healing work for 25 years. He • pecific techniques you can use to help a Shas helped hundreds of people using the person deal constructively with anger, grieftechniques he’ll share at this workshop. Steven and fear.will reveal the secrets to healing your heart so • ow to select NSP Chinese herbal formulas Hyou can unlock the key to health, happiness based on emotional indications.and success. The workshop includes the • ssential oils to help augment emotional Efollowing discussions: healing. • detailed explanation of each of the A Time: 9:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Flower Essence ingredients and how to use Price: 97, includes study guide/workbook $ each blend to promote better emotional Instructor: Steven Horne and physical health. Register: Call 1-800-223-8225. There’s a workshop near you! January 14 Clermont, Fla. 21 Pleasanton, Calif. February 25 The Woodlands, Texas (Houston area) March 24 Rochester, N.Y. 31 El Segundo, Calif. April 14 Lafayette, La. 28 Chambersburg, Pa. May 5 Phoenix, Ariz. 19 Denver, Colo. June 9 Oak Lawn, Ill. (Chicago area) September 8 Green Bay, Wis. 22 Ann Arbor, Mich. October 13 Canton, Ohio • mprove relationships! I 20 Austin, Texas • ind greater success and F November 3 Joplin, Mo. happiness in life! 10 Parsippany, N.J. • earn why your heart is the LDates are subject to change. key to health for your bodyPlease check www.naturessunshine.com for the latest info. and your life! January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 9
12. Do you receive NSP’s monthly email updates? If so, you’re likely aware that our Health Sciences department creates informative, scientific articles on natural health topics each month. The following article was linked to our November 2011 email. If you don’t currently receive our monthly emails but would like to stay informed on NSP events, health info, specials, etc., please call Customer Service at 1-800-223-8225 and provide your email address. IMMUNE HEALTH THE GUT by Dr. William J. Keller I f you have done some reading on the immune system lately, you know that immunity involves a complex a specific infectious disease while artificial acquired immunity occurs when the host receives a vaccine 1. chinacea has been shown to E stimulate the immune system by increasing the activity of certain network of specialized cells and or antitoxin. This category can be immune cells and by promoting organs that evolved to defend the body further subdivided by using the terms the release of cytokines (cellular against attacks by foreign invaders active (the host actively produces communication and regulatory such as bacteria, viruses, fungi and antibodies in response to a solution of molecules) from these immune other parasites. The two basic kinds or antigens such as those in a vaccine) cells . (1) types of immunity are termed innate and passive (the host passively accepts 2. Elderberry contains and acquired. Innate immunity, also preformed antibodies present in flavonoid derivatives called known as genetic or species immunity, products such as an antitoxin). When anthocyanidins that appear to have represents a wide range of immune our immune system malfunctions, immunomodulatory effects. These protective factors that a person is born the consequences can range from compounds in elderberry extract with. In contrast, acquired immunity microbial infections to cancer. have been found to bind to viruses becomes part of the host defenses by Many nutritional supplement and block their ability to invade means other than heredity. Within ingredients are effective in host cells . In this way, elderberry (2) this category, immune protection can supporting immune system is thought to reduce the severity of be acquired naturally or artificially. health. Some of the more popular viral flu symptoms. Natural acquired immunity is and scientifically substantiated 3. itamin D3 has been known for V developed through the recovery from ingredients include: quite some time as being important10 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
13. in supporting bone health. However, system, I’m fascinated by reading the We’re all familiar with the benefits recently Vitamin D3 has also been many excellent scientific papers on of the polyphenolic antioxidants. shown to be a key component in this topic. A particularly intriguing Recently, it has been found that the enhancing the immune system. aspect focuses on how gut bacteria well-known ellagic acid, present Sophisticated experiments have may influence various disease primarily in berries and nuts, is demonstrated that Vitamin D3 processes while being involved with metabolized by gut microbes to a is essential for the activation of their beneficial role in digestion and class of compounds known as the immune cells needed to seek out metabolism. In a previous Hot Topic urolithins. Specific urolithins are and destroy infectious invading paper, I described how the “Western thought to reduce inflammation and microbes . Without this activation, diet”—high in fats and simple thus protect against cancer . (3) (5) infections such as influenza and the sugars—can reshape the gut microbial We have focused on a few important common cold appear to be more community (microbiome) and aspects of gut health as they severe and longer lasting. predispose humans to obesity relate to a properly functioning4. cientific studies on ingredients S and all of the health problems immune system. However, keep such as zinc, Korean ginseng, that accompany the obese in mind that our gut microbes Vitamin C, beta-glucans and state. Dietary fibers escape have long been known to be arabinogalactans show that all host digestion, but resident part of other processes such of these enhance and improve the microbes in the distal as food digestion and the effectiveness of the immune system gut (large intestine) production of essential by increasing the protective metabolize these micronutrients. On activity of certain immune cells. indigestible leftovers the downside, our Macrophages, neutrophils, NK to yield short-chain gut bacteria can be (natural killer) cells and T-cells fatty acids such as directly linked to (T-lymphocytes) are responsible for acetic, propionic medical conditions attacking and neutralizing foreign, and butyric such as obesity, disease-causing microbes. Without acids. Not only inflammatory the proper function of these immune do these acids bowel disease, cells, infectious diseases such as contribute about diabetes and cancer. colds and the flu usually occur more 10% to our daily Therefore, I believe frequently, are more severe, and energy supply but they also that it’s imperative that have a longer duration. impact the immune system. we continue toward a better Gut microbe-generated acetate understanding of this huge As a pharmacy student and during interacts with immune cells population of microbes thatmy graduate school days, I was to quiet an overactive immune live in our gastrointestinal tractalways interested in the concepts system while propionic acid and other parts of our body.of immunology. However, back appears to promote the acquired Another way of looking atin those days, the association of immune response by acting on this situation is that we areimmune function and the gut was T-lymphocytes . Butyric acid is outnumbered. Believe it (4)either not mentioned or was discussed known to serve as an important or not, the vast majorityvery superficially. Now that we energy source for gut endothelial of cells that make upunderstand how important a properly cells thereby enhancing innate the human body arefunctioning gut is to the immune immunity. microbial cells.References:1. chinacea. Pharmacist’s Letter/Prescriber’s Letter Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. 8th ed. Stockton, CA: Therapeutic E Research Faculty; 2010. p. 605.2. lderberry. Pharmacist’s Letter/Prescriber’s Letter Natural Medicines Comprehensive Database. 8th ed. Stockton, CA: Therapeutic E Research Faculty; 2010. p. 615.3. on Essen MR, et al. Vitamin D controls T cell antigen receptor signaling and activation of human T cells. Nature Immunology. V 2010; 11(4):344-349.4. ukuda S, et al. Bifidobacteria can protect from enteropathogenic infection through production of acetate. Nature. 2011 Jan F 27;469(7331):543-547.5. onzález-Sarrías A, et al. NF-kappaB-dependent anti-inflammatory activity of urolithins, gut microbiota ellagic acid-derived G metabolites, in human colonic fibroblasts. British Journal of Nutrition. 2010 Aug;104(4):503-12. January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 11
14. The Sweet Smell of Emotional Health NSP’s Flower Essences F lower remedies have been used to help with emotional well-being for decades. These remedies, or essences, are liquid infusions made from carefully selected flowers, grown in certified organic gardens and pristine wild habitats. Each of NSP’s seven flower essences is made from seven flowers or botanicals, specially chosen for their unique ability to provide emotional support. Distress Remedy (emotional balance formula) Open Heart (suppressed grief formula) Distress Remedy may assist the body Open Heart formula may assist with occasional emotional distress and the body with the ability to love, with emotional balance. It contains arnica, suppressed emotion, and with empathy star of Bethlehem, rock rose, impatiens, and compassion. It contains California wild clematis, cherry plum and red clover. rose, baby blue eyes, yerba santa, star tulip, evening primrose, purple monkeyflower Keep Cool (vented anger formula) and golden ear drops. Keep Cool flower essence formula may assist the body with feelings of anger Be Courageous (vented fear formula) and irritability. It contains calendula or This formula may assist the body with marigold, snapdragon, impatiens, grape courage and self confidence, overcoming vine, willow, holly and tiger lily. indecisiveness and uncertainty, and nervous tension. It contains mountain pride, aspen, Find Strength (suppressed anger formula) scleranthus, mimulus, This flower essence may assist the body cerato, blackberry and red clover. with emotional strength and help deal with occasional emotional stress. It contains Be Response-Able (suppressed fear formula) mariposa lily, pine, scarlet monkeyflower, Be Response-Able may assist the body centaury, fuschia, pink yarrow and with promoting responsibility and dealing goldenrod. with self-defeating behavior. It contains black cohosh, black eyed Susan, milkweed, Release It (vented grief formula) California poppy, agrimony, Joshua tree Release It may assist the body with and mullein. the grieving process and past emotional distress. It contains self-heal, love lies bleeding, chicory, bleeding heart, chrysanthemum, borage and star thistle. Stock No. Flower Remedy Direct Cost QV Points Sugg. Retail 8778-3 Distress Remedy (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8784-2 Keep Cool (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8781-4 Find Strength (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8779-1 Release It (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8782-6 Open Heart (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8786-0 Be Courageous (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 8783-8 Be Response-Able (2 fl. oz.) $19.95 19.95 $29.95 18787-2 Flower Essences Formula Pack $129.95 129.95 $194.9512 Sunshine Horizons, January 2012
15. A n n o u n c e m e n t s NSP Receives Healthiest Company causes of illness/death as found in Award Four Years Running the Framingham Heart Study. The At an employee meeting held in average score of NSP employees September 2011, NSP Manager of Benefits compared to other companies Christine Frazier announced that Nature’s nationwide is exceptional. Only Sunshine was again being recognized by three other companies have Interactive Health Solutions as one of the received this award all four Healthiest Companies in America for a fourth years in a row as NSP has. consecutive year. Executives from the IHS Data from IHS show that home office in Chicago presented the award to on average, 19–20 percent Frazier, along with CEO Michael Dean. of employees at companies Each year NSP employees undergo blood of our size with similar tests and receive scores based on six leading wellness programs are at a high risk for heart disease. Test results indicate that only 5 percent of NSP employees are at high risk. We are proud to be one of the healthiest companies in America and think this reflects well on our product line and our company mission. Don’t Miss Regional Meetings Next Month! Stay tuned for more details about NSP regional meetings in your area in February. Visit our website, www. naturessunshine.com, for more information. Wanted to Buy Nature’s Spring I R.O. Unit. Ozark Water Service, ® 1-800-835-8908. Children’s Cough Syrup, Natria Triple Effect Age Relief Michael Dean and Chris Frazier receive the Cream, Natria Balancing Toner. Nanette Gil, 1-661-323- award from IHS representatives. 4658.NS P C a l e n d a r2012 Calendar Get Free Online Training—NSP WebinarsAnnouncing all-new Natural Health Schools for 2012! Find onein your area, and bring your customers and friends for fantastic Take advantage of our FREE educationaltraining, which includes: webinars! Visit www.nspwebinars.com for• The fundamentals of natural health a list of our broadcasts and to sign up. We• An in-depth look at all 10 body systems offer general health education, information• NSP’s unsurpassed quality (take home a brand-new DVD!) on new products, business building• A discussion of the NSP business opportunity tips, special announcements and muchCost is still just $35 for this all-day educational event and includes more. Listen live or watch a pre-recordeda brand-new book and DVD. Visit www.naturessunshine.com for the message.latest information and locations. January March 28 Smithfield, N.C. 3 Honolulu, Hawaii Yuma, Ariz. 24 Canton, Ohio Richmond, Va. February Wasilla, Alaska 11 Baton Rouge, La. 31 Austin, Texas Oak Lawn, Ill. Oklahoma City, Okla. 25 Boise, Idaho Parsippany, N.J. Chambersburg, Pa. Phoenix, Ariz. Tampa, Fla. For complete details, go to www.naturessunshine.com. Call Customer Service at 1-800-223-8225 to register for a seminar. For information on seminars in Spanish, visit our website, or call 1-800-321-4652. Dates and locations are subject to change. January 2012, Sunshine Horizons 13
16. Nature’s Sunshine Products, Inc. Buy products and become a distributor of NSP P Box 1000 .O. USA: Spanish Fork, Utah 84660 http://www.naturessunshine.com/ CANADA: http://www.naturessunshine.ca/ Australia http://www.naturessunshine.com.au/ New Zealand: http://www.natsun.co.nz/ MALTA http://nspeuroplan.com/ Sponsors Country: Belarus; Sponsors Account Number: 1007815This Year, Resolve to Be SmartSmartMeal…a Smart Approach to Weight Loss SmartMeal provides 15 grams of protein and 35% of therecommended Daily Values of 17 vitamins and mineralsplus 2 grams of dietary fiber per serving. It featurescold-pressed, organic flax seed that offers 200mg of beneficial omega-3 essential fattyacids for heart and brain health. Use it as a meal replacementfor weight loss or as ahealthful snack anytimethroughout the day.Each drink is only130–140 calories.Talk about Smart! Stock No. Product Direct Cost QV Points Sugg. Retail 3086-2 SmartMeal Chai (15 servings) $23.95 23.95 $35.95 3084-4 SmartMeal Chocolate (15 servings) $23.95 23.95 $35.95 3085-8 SmartMeal Vanilla (15 servings) $23.95 23.95 $35.95
17. TAC Switzerland Sept. 27–Oct. 4, 2012E njoy seven days and six nights in beautiful Switzerland. Home ofthe majestic Swiss Alps, quaintmountain villas, historic cities,world famous foods and more!NSP Top Achievers will stay at theluxurious Le Montreux Palace andthe renowned Lucerne Palace inhistoric Lucerne.Switzerland! This is your chance to:* • ave lunch at Piz Gloria restaurant at H Schilthorn ski resort (made famous in the movie On Her Majesty’s Secret Service). • isit Château de Chillon. This medieval V castle on Lake Geneva has inspired artists and writers, including Jean-Jacques Rousseau and Victor Hugo. • ide a train across the breathtakingly scenic R Bernese Oberland. • alk Lucerne’s famous Chapel Bridge— W one of Europe’s oldest, covered wooden bridges.And so much more!Qualifications run Jan. 1–June 30, 2012.Qualifiers earn airfare for two along withamazing accommodations, several meals andin-country transfers. Qualify in one of threeways:1. ational Managers—qualify as a National, N Senior National or Global Elite when you maintain your rank for all six months of the qualification period.2. op Sellers—average 20,000 Group QV T points/month. (Your 2012 six-month average must be 2% greater than your 2011 six- month average.)3. op Growers—achieve a monthly Group QV T increase of at least 1,500 QV points/month. (You must maintain Area Manager rank or higher March through June 2012, AND have no less than eight first-level Managers during each of those same four months. Leadership equivalents and QV equivalents will be included in the first-level count.) Plan to join your NSP friends on thisunforgettable adventure this fall. Set your goalsto be there with us!*Itinerary is subject to change.
18. Top 25 Successline QV Growth for Third Quarter 2011 Agnes Vaughan, Ohio Name Requested Withheld, Tenn. Glenn Norma Whitney Trust, Calif. Nature’s Better Way, Mich. Health Solutions, Ala. Sue Clemons, Fla. The Herbs Place, Va. Health Ministry, Inc., Texas Gretchen Mendell, N.Y. Allen Debra Short, Ala. Randy Ernst, Okla. Health Matters US, La.Ellen Wrightson C. Jackson, Ore. Kathleen Areingdale, Ga. Darlene Haberer, N.C. Healthy Sunshine, Inc., Tenn. Nature’s Garden, Inc., Texas Herbs by Design, Inc., Wyo. Sereno, Inc., Utah Beth Gerald Carlson, La. The Herb House, Inc., Fla. Gloria Cindy Dodson, Calif. Leon Tomberlin, Texas Ruby Scherer, Fla. Tonya Ledford, N.C.Top 25 Group QV Growth Percentage for Third Quarter 2011Name Requested Withheld, Tenn. Katie Schwartz, Ind. The Road Less Traveled, La. The Herb Basket, Inc., Va. Healthy Foundations, Okla. The Herbal Lady III, Okla. Shelly Gary Whitt, Ohio J. Rauch Co., Ind. Jim Pat Hangstefer, Tenn. Crystal Langley, Ohio Lorna Kay Silva, Colo. Ron Honey Logan, Mo. Healthy Sunshine, Inc., Tenn. Evelyn Hoose, Va. Faith Luce, N.Y. The Herbs Place, Va. Hannah James Pavick, Calif. Tammy Jordan, Minn. Nature’s Garden, Inc., Texas Health Solutions, Ala. Donna Philip Young, Ind. Priscilla McManus, Calif. Nana’s Pawpaw Patch, Okla. Nutritional Care, Inc., Ohio C. Castro L. Restrepo, S.C. Top 50 Group QV for Third Quarter 2011 Name requested withheld, Tenn. Brenda Montrella, N.D., Pa. Healthy Sunshine, Inc., Tenn. Ivy Bridge, Calif. Terry-Lynn Hall, S.C. Marcia Simler, Wis. The Herbs Place, Va. Patricia William Adams, Calif. Rhonda Phillip Dial, Ala. Tom Janet Mather, Pa. Manna Plus, Mich. The Herb House, Inc., Fla. Frank Miesse Trust, Ohio Bessheen Baker, Mich. Knight Enterprises, Colo. Michael Cindy Schmillen, Idaho Dori Cranmore, Alaska VJ Enterprises, Inc., Calif. Beverly Brown, Minn. Lillian Ronzio, Pa. Mary Ron Ward, Ill. Nutritional Care, Inc., Ohio Darlene Haberer, N.C. Kelly Dan Sandelius, Mich. Grandad’s Home Remedies, Ohio Lou David Herron, Ohio Jake Elizabeth Schwartz, Ind. Diane Reed, Ind. Lizzie’s Herb Shop, N.C. Patricia Cacie Parker, W. Va. Crystal Tiger’s Eye, LLC, Texas Hannah Simmons, Pa. Paul Sharon Tsui, Texas Dottie Eggeman, Fla. Tonja Wells, Texas DN Operations, Inc., Calif. Gwen Orman, Va. Loring Hammer, Calif. Jo-Ad Herb Shop, Ohio Laurence Debra Smith, Idaho Misty Chaney, Ind. Ruby Lawler, Texas Jennifer Cheeseman, Ohio Shelly Michael Greenwell, Colo. Solomon Anna Wickey, Ind. Patricia Merlino, Pa. Lorna Silva, Colo. The Herbal Lady III, Okla. J. Rauch Co., Inc., Ind. BF Russell or NJ Betz, Kan.
19. K e e p i n g T a b sChanges to Benefits for Star andDistrict ManagersNEW STAR MANAGERS Beginning January 2012, all new recognition during this A New Star Manager in 2011 Star Managers who: Convention.who: • old six consecutive months at h • as paid as a Star Manager for W Star Manager or above Note: This one-time six consecutive months during • re Star Managers during a benefit must take 2011 the last month of National place within five • as paid as a Star Manager or W Convention 2013 qualification years of becoming above in December 2011 (TBD) a Manager. • nd achieved Star Manager rank a • nd achieve the rank of Star a The New Star for the first time within five Manager for the first time Manager will years of becoming a Manager within five years of becoming a be invited towill be invited to attend Rising Star Manager participate(for two people) in 2012. This is will receive $300 travel allowance using thisthe last opportunity for a new Star to attend National Convention benefit onlyManager to attend a Rising Star 2013. New Star Managers will twice.event. receive a beautiful award and NEW DISTRICT MANAGERS Manager for the first time New District Managers in 2011 within five years of becoming a who: Star Manager • ompleted six consecutive c are invited to attend our Rising months at District Manager or Star Event in 2013. See firsthand above our incredible state-of-the-art • ere at least a District Manager w manufacturing facility and our in Oct. 2011 new corporate headquarters. New • nd achieved the rank of a District Managers will receive a District Manager for the first beautiful award on stage during the time within five years of Rising Star Event. becoming a Star Manager for the first time If a new District Manager has will be invited to attend National attended the Rising Star Event as Convention 2012 as a new District a new Star Manager in the past, Manager. This will be the last he or she will instead receive opportunity for new District $600 travel allowance to attend Managers to attend National National Convention 2013. These Convention under this benefit. new District Managers will receive a beautiful award on stage during All Managers who: National Convention 2013. • each the rank of new District r Manager after October 2011 Note: This one-time benefit must • o six consecutive months as a d take place within five years of District Manager becoming a Star Manager. The • old the rank of District the last h New District Manager will be month of qualification (TBD) invited to participate using this • nd achieve the rank of District a benefit only twice.
20. A cl o s e r L o o kBuilding forthe FutureOur New Facility in Lehi, UtahNSP corporate headquarters will • llows NSP corporate office Amove to a new building in Lehi, staff to offer better service toUtah in August 2012. Our world- you.class manufacturing facility willremain in Spanish Fork, Utah and We invite you to follow theis is currently undergoing some progress of our new building atrenovations to update office and www.naturessunshine.com. And wemeeting space and lobby areas. It look forward to showing both ofwill also be the new home of the our improved facilities to you theCustomer Service and Order Sales next time you visit Utah.departments. We are excited toshow you our new and improvedworkspaces, both of which should Entrancebe completed by the end of thissummer.Our new facility in Lehi, Utah: • s a certified LEED silver, I environmentally friendly, energy-conscious building, which will reflect NSP’s care and concern for our natural resources. • rovides comfortable space for P managers to meet together, with potential new members and with corporate staff. • eatures an NSP store to F showcase our products and View from Highway history, and where distributors can purchase quality NSP logo merchandise. • ill be something NSP W managers and employees alike can be proud to call their company headquarters. • s located near a championship I golf course and world-renowned Thanksgiving Point gardens. • eatures great visibility from F the freeway, building name- brand awareness. ID: 1007815 Market: Belarus