Basic Social Media Strategy
1. Where is your
2. What is your
3. What are your
4. What are you
5. Set limits.
6. Launch, wait &
1. Where is your community?
You already know your demographics you’re one step
• What type of customers are you looking for?
• Where are your customers?
• What are your customers talking about?
2. What is your message?
You already know your customer needs you’re getting there.
• Do your customers have problems/issues?
• Do you have a unique selling proposition (USP)?
• Can you communicate your USP more effectively and
address customer problems/issues?
• Can the use of social media ﬁx problems?
3. What are your goals?
You already have business goals you’re partially there.
• Do you know why you are using social?
• What will your business gain (quantify)?
• What counts as a conversion and can you turn
those into proﬁts?
4. What are you offering?
You already have offerings you have a launching pad.
• Do you have offerings that will help/entertain/interest your
• What sort of content will you create?
• When curating content, what works for getting customers
aligned to your goals?
5. Set Limits.
You are checking emails everyday then just add social.
• How much time/money can you dedicate to social media?
• Which platform(s)?
• What content works where and frequency?
• What measures can you put in place?
6. Launch, wait & tweak
• Set a time limit. Realistically this is in months.
• Stick to your strategy.
• Tweak it based on the insights gained in that time.
• Start small.
• Be consistent.
• Follow the engagement
• Use apps that help
manage your time.
• Don’t be a robot.
• Don’t let it consume
• Meet your goals ﬁrst,
then set tasks.
• Don’t give up!