1. Adding a Featured Image to a Post Approximate time: 2-5 minutes for first time to try it… about 10-15 seconds next time after you get the hang of it.
2. Adding Featured ImageAdding a featured image to a post in ZENPortfolios is easy. It’s good to follow theseinstructions the first time but after that you willget the hang of it and can do quickly withoutthinking!Because ZEN Portfolios is based on WordPress,you will be gaining valuable experience with thispopular blogging and content management toolas a side benefit.
3. 1a) If you are not already logged in, go to zenportfolios.ca and enter your usernameand password in the login area, then click the Login button
4. 2) Click on the “Your dashboard” link.
5. 3. Select one of the My e-portfolio content types. For example for showcasing projects,click on the Project Showcase link.
6. 4. Assuming you already have a post where you want to add a featured image, click on Edit
7. 5. Scroll down to the bottom of your Project Showcase page and click on theSet featured Image button
8. 6. Click on Browse to select the image file you want to feature in your post
9. 7. Select the image file you want to feature in your post. Once you find the image youwant to use, click on the Open button.
10. 8. Click on the Upload button
11. 9. Click on the “Use as featured image” link
12. 10. Click the “X” to close the featured image pop-up window
13. 11. You will then return to the post window. If you scroll to the bottom, you willsee your Featured Image
14. 12. To make your new Featured Image go live, click on the Update button.
15. 13. Click on View post to see your post with the Featured Image now included
16. Here is what your post will look like with the featured image.
17. Here is what your e-portfolio home page will look like now that you have a projectShowcased with a featured image.
18. Here is what your Project Showcase main page will look like now that you have a projectShowcased with a featured image.
19. SummaryThat’s it! It looks more complicated from thesescreen shots than it actually is. Once you havedone it once, it just takes about 10 seconds.