Cynthia M. Parkhill's Library Resume (January 2015)
Cynthia M. Parkhill
● Circulation: Manages circulation desk activities including checkouts, checkins,
organizing book cart and returning materials to shelves. Prepares new items for
use in library including catalog records, labeling and protective covers.
● Cooperative Lending: Located items requested by patrons within a threecounty
shared library system. Updated items’ status in catalog and prepared them for
● Collection Development: Recommends purchases based upon state reading
lists, American Library Association awards, patron interests and other criteria.
● Diversity: Coauthored accessibility guidelines to promote full inclusion of people
with disabilities in their church congregations.
● Patron Services: Conducts reader’s advisory interviews to recommend items to
patrons. Assists patrons to locate items in library. Helps with “Crafternoon”
● Project Development: Built small lending library from scratch (negotiated budget,
purchased books for collection and promoted library’s use).
● Publicity: Informs patrons and public about library services through Facebook,
blogging, email campaigns, print materials and displays.
● Training and Supervision: Taught volunteers to shelve books according to
classification system during move of library collection. Set competency and
training goals and evaluated employee progress as weekly newspaper’s
● Lake County RecordBee (Weekly column from 20082013)
● Jackson County Library Services ”Buzz Bucks” for social posts.
● Libraries for All Jackson County Website mention for independent campaign in
support of library district.
● Association of California School Administrators “Outstanding Media Coverage
of Public Education.”
PARKHILL 1 of 2
● Jackson County Library Services, Ashland teen and children’s departments
VOLUNTEER (2013 to present)
● Ashland School District, Bellview Elementary School
LIBRARY ASSISTANT (2013 to present)
● Medford School District 549C, Instructional Media Center
INTERN (January to May 2014)
● American Library Association, American Libraries magazine
FREELANCE EDITOR (April 2014)
● Yarn Bombing @ Your Library
FOUNDER/CURATOR (2011 to present)
● Lake County Library, Lakeport and Middletown branches
VOLUNTEER (2010 to 2013)
● Lake County RecordBee
EDITOR, PAGE DESIGNER (2003 to 2013)
● Cuesta College Associate degree in Library and Information Technology
● Sonoma State University Bachelor’s degree in English
● Santa Rosa Junior College Associate degree in Communication
● Selfdirected studies in library best practices
Adobe InDesign. Advocacy. Blogger. Cataloging. Circulation. Communication.
Copyediting. Customer service. Data entry. Dewey Decimal System. Facebook.
Google+. Library access services. LinkedIn. MailChimp. MARC. Marketing. News
releases. Online public access catalogs (Destiny, Polaris, Dynix). Online research.
Organization. Patron holds. Press releases. Pinterest. Proofreading. Publicity. Public
service. Public speaking. Shelfreading. Shelving. Stacks maintenance. SurveyMonkey.
PARKHILL 2 of 2