1. ASHFORD EDU 645 ENTIRE COURSE PLEASE DOWNLOAD HEREEDU 645 Week 1Assessment Crisis. Watch the video “Linda Darling-Hammond on CompetingInternationally.” Then, explain the current crisis in America with regards toeducation and assessment. What do you think the cause(s) of this crisis mightbe? What are the possible implications? Explain your reasoning. Respondsubstantively to at least two of your peers. Analyze their responses and compareand contrast their reasoning with yours.No Child Left Behind (NCLB) and High-Stakes Testing (HST) Debate. Theeffects of the No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Act on high-stakes testing (HST) hasgenerated controversy amongst educators. In this discussion you will brieflydebate the efficacy of NCLB. Find your assigned “Debate Group” below: DebateGrouping (by first letter of last name)§ A-L: Proponents of NCLB and HST§ M-Z: Opponents of NCLB and HSTConduct research on NCLB using the web and the Ashford library, and develop acohesive and research-based argument for or against NCLB based on theposition you’ve been assigned. Then, respond to at least two peers of theopposite group with a critical evaluation of their argument. Comment on theaccuracy and clarity of their post and ask follow-up questions if needed. Yourresponse should be based on your research and not on your opinionResponse to Intervention. What is the purpose of the response-to-intervention(RTI) approach? What are the benefits of this approach? What are thechallenges? Can you think of any way to overcome these challenges? Why is itimportant to intervene early in a student’s learning experience? Your papershould be 4-6 pages (excluding title and reference pages), and formatted to APAstandardsEDU 645 Week 2Two Classroom Measurement Problems. What do the authors say are the twogeneral problems encountered in classroom measurement? How are these twoproblems similar to each other? Explain why it is important to surmount thesechallenges, and brainstorm strategies for overcoming them.Respond to at least two of your classmates, offering substantive feedback ontheir strategies for overcoming these two general challenges. Address whether or
2. not you think their strategies are feasible in the classroom and justify yourresponse.Three-Stage Model of Classroom Measurement. What do the authors mean insaying “any good classroom test begins with your objectives” (Kubiszyn&Borich,2010)? Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? Respondto at least two of your classmates, offering substantive feedback on theirinterpretation of this quote, and providing your thoughts on why some teachers(intentionally or unintentionally) choose not to use objectives or outcomes.Learning Outcomes. Create a blog using WordPress or Blogger. This will act asa portfolio for your work in this course, so it is important to make it presentableand polished by using a professional URL and a consistent theme and formatthroughout the blog. Then, using the information in Chapter 6 of your textbookand the article “Enhancing curriculum and delivery: linking assessment to learningobjectives,” write at least three measurable learning outcomes for a hypotheticalunit of study and grade level of your choosing. Later, you will be asked to developthe learning activities and assessments that support these learning outcomes.Once you have written your learning outcomes, post a link to your blog within aWord document. Then, upload that Word document to two locations:a. Classroom Assignment Basketb. Doc Sharing feature at the top of the classroomFinally, browse your classmates’ learning outcomes for ideas, through the DocSharing feature. Feel free to leave supportive and constructive comments on theirlearning outcomes within their blog. Please Note: You will be using theseoutcomes throughout the course.EDU 645 Week 3Portfolio Assessment. Explain the three challenges to validity when usingportfolios as assessments, and evaluate the benefits they offer to the learningexperience. Respond to at least two of your classmates, offering substantivefeedback on their evaluation of portfolios as learning tools. Do you agree withyour classmates’ evaluations? Why or why not?Performance/Authentic Assessments. The authors state that “there is atemptation to limit the scoring criteria to those qualities of performance that areeasiest to rate rather than the most important required for doing an effective job”(Kubiszyn&Borich, 2010). What do they mean by this? Explain the benefits andchallenges of incorporating performance assessments, and evaluate their overalleffectiveness in the classroom. Respond to at least two of your classmates withsubstantive feedback on their evaluation of this quote. Explain how yourinterpretation of this quote is similar and/or different
3. Test and Essay Items. In the portfolio blog you created last week, develop atleast three test items that support your outcomes, and write at least one essayitem that supports your outcomes. These should be included in the same post asyour outcomes. Then, start a new post in your blog that explains your thoughtprocess and rationale behind the test items and essay item(s). Use the textbookto support your decisions. Once you have updated your blog with your test itemsand rationale, post a link to your blog within a Word document. Then, upload thatWord document to the Classroom Assignment Basket.EDU 645 Week 4Item Analysis. Explain quantitative item analysis and qualitative item analysis.What are their benefits to learning and assessment? What are the risks tolearning and assessment if these types of analyses are not administered? Finally,provide two examples of imperfect test items for your peers to qualitativelyanalyze. Explain why you think it is necessary for teachers to use a combinationof both qualitative and quantitative item analysis. Respond to at least two of yourpeers, identifying the errors in their listed test items, and providing suggestions onhow they can be improved.Marking. Why do the authors propose that marks only reflect academicachievement, and not other factors like effort or attitude? Could including factorslike these in the marking data affect instructional decisions that need to be made?Explain. Respond to at least two of your peers, providing feedback on theirsupport for or against including other factors in marks/grades.Analyzing and Improving a Test Using Statistics. In the online course, viewthe results for a hypothetical psychology test. Then, create a report with thefollowing:a. The mean score for each question.b. The mean score for the entire test.c. A graph that represents the scores for each question.Finally, evaluate the test by using the information in your report and conductingqualitative item analysis and quantitative item analysis, and provide suggestionsor examples on how this test can be improved. Your report should be 4-6 pages(excluding title and reference pages) and formatted to APA standardsEDU 645 Week 5Correlation and Causality.According to the authors of the textbook, “one of themost frequent misinterpretations in statistics (and in education) is to infer thatbecause two variables are correlated with one another, one variable causes theother” (Kubiszyn&Borich, 2010). What does this mean? What are the potential
4. dangers to assessment and learning when one mistakenly implies causalitywhere only a correlation between two variables exists? Respond to at least two ofyour peers, providing feedback on their listed dangers of implying causality, andhow these dangers can ultimately affect assessment, instruction, and learning.Your initial post should be between 250-300 words.Validity and Reliability. Using Mindmeister or Microsoft Word, create a mindmap that represents the various types of validity and reliability, and explains whythey are important in learning and assessment. Then, post your mind map to thediscussion forum, either as an attachment (for Word documents) or pasted link(for Mindmeister). View your classmates’ mind maps, and respond to at least twoof them with constructive feedback. Select at least two pieces of information fromtheir mind maps, and explain how they can be used to create better assessments.Each peer response should be between 100-150 words.Validity, Reliability, and Accuracy. Select one of the learning outcomes belowand draft a hypothetical assessment that supports the outcome (e.g., multiplechoice items, essay items, authentic assessment, etc.). Explain how you plan topromote validity and reliability in your assessment, and how your assessmentaddresses the four categories of sources of error identified in the text, therebypromoting accuracy. Learning Outcomesa. Apply analytical skills and knowledge of literary analysis to reading and writingabout poetry. (Literary Research)b. Identify appropriate formulas for solving problems. (Introduction to Algebra)c. Explain the five functions of management and their importance inorganizations. (Management for Organizations)d. Examine the perception of abnormal behaviors through the media. (AbnormalPsychology)Your paper should be between 4-6 pages in length (excluding title and referencepages), and formatted to APA style.EDU 645 Week 6Standardized Testing. Watch the video “Comprehensive Assessment: AnOverview.” Then, using the Ashford library, locate one journal article related tostandardized testing. In the discussion forum, summarize the article, and identifyat least two advantages and two disadvantages to standardized testing, utilizingboth the article and video in your post. Make sure to cite the article and explainwhere it can be located in the Ashford library. Respond to at least two of yourclassmates, brainstorming possible strategies or solutions to the disadvantagesthey listed in their posts.
5. EDU645 Summary. Review the content in the past five weeks of this course andlist at least five “take-away” items that you have learned. Identify at least oneconcept that you had a hard time understanding at first, or still do not fullyunderstand. Review your classmates’ posts, and respond to at least two of them.In each response, try to explain the concept that your classmate did not or doesnot understand.Final Paper Assessment PlansDemonstrate your understanding of the concepts covered in this course bydeveloping a plan to assess learner performance. This plan should beconstructed in your portfolio blog, and should include the following elements:o Purpose and Learning Outcome: Describe the purpose of your assessmentplan. Then, write a learning outcome that supports the purpose you havedescribed.§ Tip: This purpose must involve the learning of some knowledge or skill.§ Tip: Refer back to Chapter 6 of your textbook for information on learningoutcomes.o Assessment Context: Identify a task or a situation in which the learners will beable to demonstrate the knowledge or skills they have gained.o Holistic Rubric: Create a fully developed holistic rubric for one of the twoassessments you designed.§ Tip: You can use Bloom’s Taxonomy (available in the online course) to adjustthe level of cognitive rigor in the assignment. For example, asking learners to“describe” a concept is easier than asking them to “apply” it.o Testing Constraints: Identify the constraints you will impose on theassessment.Then, write a 3- to 5-page paper (excluding title and reference pages) thatexplains and supports your assessment plan. Justify your selection ofassessment context, evaluate your holistic rubric, and explain why you selectedthe testing constraints you did. Remember that the ultimate goal of assessmentand assessment plans is to promote learning. Your paper should include a link toyour portfolio blog, and should be formatted to APA standards.