Made to Measure Web ServicePresentation Transcript
Interactive Design & Media Application
“Made to Measure” Web Service
Mao, Jingle | maojingle.wordpress.com
The Internet is becoming more and more interactive.
Digital devices help transforming information into digital format,
web applications enable every person to become a distributor of
information, and social networking complicates and speeds up
the transmission of information. In other words, we human are
facing an information era, which is built by technology, contains
vast informan that we have never imagined before.
But the problem is: although the resources s
eem infinite, if we can’t find them, they are like not exsiting! How
can we use the Internet efficiently without overwhelming by
the tremendous amount?
What is M-T-M
The “M-T-M” is a web service.
It helps people:
- Resolve information overloads in the dotcom age.
- Utilizing ri
ch online resources to live a better life.
What isn’t M-T-M
- Social Networking
We won’t help you contacting with your friends.
( With the internet )
We won’t send you advertisement.
( Service )
The Definition of Advertisement
Advertising is the nonpersonal communication of information usually
paid for and usually persuasive in nature about products,services or
ideas by identified sponsors through the various media.
- American Marketing Association
The shoes that we
saw last time are on sale! That’s great !
Four Distinguish Features
We support what you want We explore what you need
when you want it even you ignored
We change for each person We change if you change
at the age of 18
at the age of 23
The sercive is controllable The relation is controllable
... Add / Reduce
- Plug-in Create / Delete
- via offical site On / Off
- via E-mail
- via RSS
- via mobile
This is not about sharing
Private You own your information
D:/ MtM / Dbase
Service-side Database Local Database
COMMENTS YOUR NOTE
MASS POPULAR YOUR TASTE
NETWORK YOUR INTERNET
What we will do ?
- Apply valuable information
- Protact pivacy
- Combine personal needs and market supply
- Develop convenient user experience
What we won’t do ?
- Keep personal information
- Sale personal information
- Send junks
- Do anything without authorization
Human Friendly Cyberspace
You & Internet
You & M-T-M
APPENDIX Design Process
Like Service Research
Focus Group Disscussion
Proposal Blueprint Wireframe
- How to protect users’ personal - Security problem. - Coupons will promote user’s
privacy? intention to use the service.
Feedbacks - How to collect users’ usage - Explore the weak links.
record in different situations?
- Cut the service into steps and - Introduce the most sensitive - Add reliable preference measure.
make it easy to start. function when a basic relation
has been built. - Enhance the ability of exploring
Changes - Base the service on website. the weak links between user’s
- Put users’ personal information favors.
on local computer.
- Customer acceptance. - Metaphor: - Products share our homes and
interpersonal communication. malls, and have wants and lives
- Product has personality. of their own.
Rationals - Human behavior.
- Remove abstraction from - The theory of six degree.
interaction - Humane.