1. THE !HUMANKIND!AGENCY!THE !HUMANKIND!AGENCY!CULTURAL FUEL TREND REPORT – April/May 2013
2. NEWSLETTER CONTENT"Inspiration"Some creative ideas to inspire you !!Trends"Hot trends and interesting marketing strategies!!Insights & Opinions"Research news about target groups and marketinsights!""!
4. OMEGA CO-AXIAL"The focus on the details of the inner life of a watch make this spot a beautiful and well crafted ad by HMNS, Italy.!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/omega_watches_coaxial_world!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N3dnsjOpdOA#!!!
5. YOU HAVE THE POWER TO SAVE LIVES"Here s a powerful piece of digital convergence that has been created to petition the Australian Government to fundclinical trials for a genetic disease called Muscular Dystrophy, that attacks the muscles of young kids around the world. Arobotic arm has been created, which is tasked with translating your Facebook name, into physical signatures on apetition to the prime minister (equivalent of the president) of Australia.!Via: http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/the-most-powerful-arm-ever-invented-facebook-app-petition/!! !!Watch it on: http://vimeo.com/62678151#!!!
6. THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN DRESSING..."...is undressing! Well ladies, I guess there is nothing else to add. Probably not the most creative ad ever created byBEING, Usa to promote the ‚zesty‘ dressings from Kraft– but at least a pretty nice guy to look at! Want to see more ofhim? Check out the video below.!!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/outdoor/kraft_dressings_lets_get_zesty_room!!Watch it on: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/tv/kraft_dressings_lets_get_zesty_salad_spinner!!
7. AMORI CHOCOLATE COOKIES"Amori Chocolate Cookies have more ﬁlling than other chocolate cookies. Cute little creation by Propeg, Brazil.!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/richester_amori_popcorn!!
8. WATCH THEM WHILE YOU CAN!"A new ad for Motorola by Revolution, Brazil now with integrated video baby Monitor to watch the little ones while youcan.!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/motorola_video_baby_monitor_drunk?size=original!!!
9. USE CONDITIONER!"...Brooms have never been attractive. Creative by Alaszraki Transmedia Network, Mexico City.!!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/canipec_broom?size=original!!
10. FIRST IRRITATING, THEN FASCINATING"„We sat beneath the pool and listened to the Kolibris when suddenly 3 men appeared with a box. They went towards thepool where a woman emerged. Then they opened the box. In there was a button which the woman pushed with caution.There was only one question in our heads: Where the hell did she get that Bikini?“. Very surreal but effective advertisingfor the new Otto clothing catalogue in Germany. Via:http://www.horizont.net/kreation/kreationdesmonats/pages/protected/show.php?timer=0¶ms=&id=62&currPage=1&showall=0!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHzvDPs9eRE!!
11. ADIDAS NEW CHEALSEA JERSEY"It can be hard to get people to pre-order something they haven’t seen yet. Unless you are a football club with a die hardfan base like Chelsea. Then it is basically enough to say: It’s blue, what else matters?! !Via: http://www.adverblog.com/2013/04/10/adidas-new-chelsea-jersey/!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m9kAH2v9200!!
12. THE SECRET PLACE"Perrier has launched a new digital experience called ‚The Secret Place‘ which takes the form of a secret party in Paris,where you can become one of 60 different characters. You search through the full screen interactive video experience(also works on mobile/tablet) to ﬁnd the secret treasure, ultimately unlocking the chance to win a trip to the Carnival inRio, Ibiza in Spain, St. Tropez in France, Art Basel in Miami or New Year’s Eve in Sydney.!Via: http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/perrier-the-secret-place-digital-experience/#more-13808!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YVNLL98ExZU!!
13. SIMPLISTIC PERFECTION"A clever and poetic ad created by TIWI, Italy to show the miracle of glass science by Luigi Bormioli.!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/online/luigi_bormioli_perfect!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ifBPdpS7LU#!!!
14. THE OREO ILLUSION"Do you also see delicious Oreos in this picture? Interface Communication, Mumbai created a nice little ad with the well-known optical illusion.!!Via: http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2013/04/oreo-illusion/!!
15. ONE WOMAN, A NATION DIVIDED"Just like the famous spread Marmite splits the nation with some people loving it and others hating the taste, MargaretThatcher did too. Creation by BBH, London.!!Via: http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2013/04/guardian-thatcher/!!
16. THE LARGEST MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE"To raise brand awareness, the company Solo launched the biggest message in a bottle yet to see. The bottle is ﬁlledwith a 12 square meter letter and a case of Solo. The aim is to let the wind and ocean currents decide who gets to havea taste the world’s best soda. And the fans can make a guess where it will end up, where a life tracker on the websiteshows where it is at the moment.!Via: http://www.ibelieveinadv.com/2013/04/solo-softdrink-the-worlds-largest-message-in-a-bottle/!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=68Nonntb0Tk!!
17. REAL-TIME WEATHER REPORT"It`s as simple as it is signiﬁcant. Nice idea from New Zealand, that uses this ad to promote a real-time weather report.!!Via: http://www.adverblog.com/2013/04/11/best-low-ﬁ-real-time-service-from-new-zealand/!!
18. THE MAGNUM PLEASURE HUNT"The story created by Lowe Brindfors is quite simple: A man is held captive and your task is to release him. In order foryou to do that you must go through a series of games and collect all the ingredients of the new Magnum ice-cream. Tryyour luck here: http://pleasurehunt3.mymagnum.com/!Via: http://www.adverblog.com/2013/04/16/magnum-pleasure-hunt-3/!!
19. WANNA FLY TO SPACE?"KLM is launching a high altitude balloon in the Nevada desert on April 22. Those who correctly guess how high theballoon will climb before it pops will have a chance to win a ﬂight into space on the SXC Lynx Spacecraft.! !Via: http://www.adrants.com/2013/04/klm-offers-chance-to-win-ﬂight-into.php!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SmmyZa4nvzU!!
20. FOLLOW THE FROG"Deserved Winner of the ‚Best Nonproﬁt Video Award‘ is Rain Forrest Alliance‘s with “Follow the Frog” ! It‘s anentertaining tale of a well-intentioned but failed adventure,, highlighting that those who are environmentally minded don‘tneed to go into great lengths to make a change for the better. Although they use a lot of words in about 3 minutes theimpression it leaves is very strong and you keep up the attention until the end. With its funny and a little self-deprecatinghumour it‘ll stay in your mind and really deliver the message. !Via: http://osocio.org/message/the_winners_of_the_2013_dogooder_video_awards/ !!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3iIkOi3srLo#!!!
21. THE HEINEKEN IGNITE BOTTLE"Heineken hosted a VIP party to unveil the new interactive beer bottles, which light up in time to beats of the music andalso in motion when people drink from the bottle.!!Via: http://www.digitalbuzzblog.com/heineken-ignite-interactive-led-beer-bottles/!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vlnjXlm2sm0#!!!
22. DISCOVER THE FULL STORY"Saatchi & Saatchi Moscow has launched a campaign today for the Shchusev State Museum of Architecture. Entitled‘Discover The Full Story’, the pro bono press and outdoor campaign aims to encourage more visitors to the museum,whose collection reﬂects the thousand-year history of Russia’s architectural heritage. !Via: http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2013/discover-the-full-story-in-moscow/!!
23. SUPERCAR"Audi has partnered with Marvel Entertainment LLC for its latest campaign. The car company is creating a crowd-sourceddigital comic book featuring Iron Man. The campaign allows fans to decide how the story ends. Users can submit theirsketches for the ﬁnal panel of the comic book and the winning entry will be published.!Via: http://www.psfk.com/2013/04/audi-iron-man-comic.html!!
24. YOU‘RE NOT YOURSELF WHEN YOU‘RE HUNGRY"Hunger changes your character! Suiting to the Snickers Claim: You‘re not yourself when you‘re hungry, Snickersinvented the hungry-me machine, where you can upload a photo and select between different stages of hunger and theemotional state you‘re in when you are hungry! Nice creative idea by BBDO Proximity, Düsseldorf!http://www.horizont.net/aktuell/agenturen/pages/protected/Hungry-Me-Maschine-BBDO-schickt-User-in-die-Snickers-Katakomben-_114135.html!!Check it out: https://www.snickers-generator.com/!!
25. A SPECIAL TOOTHBRUSH..."...that gets into the really hard to reach places. Nice detailed ad created by Lowe, Cape Town, that emphasizes the ultrareach function of Signals new toothbrush. !!Via: http://adsoftheworld.com/media/print/signal_vault!!
26. THE FINAL FIFTY"Kit Kat’s limited edition white chocolate was running out, but the brand managed to ‘save’ the last 50 chocolates.Asking how do you make something limited last forever, the brand came up with quite an interesting answer, taskingAustralian illustrator Mike Watt to make original artworks out of the remaining 50 limited edition Kit Kat White’s.!Via: http://www.brandingmagazine.com/2013/04/10/kit-kat-white-ﬁnal-ﬁfty/!!
27. DANCING BABIES"Evian has launched a new advertising campaign created bei BETC,Paris featuring dancing babies. With “Baby and Me”the babies get right on the stage with their actual adult selves! It‘s cute and funny and deﬁnately another great ad afterthe famous campaigns ‚Waterbabies‘ in 1998 and ‚Rollerbabies‘ in 2008. !Via: http://theinspirationroom.com/daily/2013/evian-baby-and-me/!!!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pfxB5ut-KTs!!
29. HAPPY EMPLOYEES"Happiness workshops are the way to a more productive workforce. That’s what media agency MEC North America hadin mind when they decided to develop and pilot a six-week training program that aimed to teach employees how to behappier.The relation of happiness to success has already been studied and explored by many companies, includingsome of the most successful ones like Google and Zappos. The “Inspiring Happiness” course is part of MEC’sphilosophy of inspiring and supporting its talents by providing programs that are not necessarily focused on business!Via: http://www.psfk.com/2013/04/happiness-workshops.html!!
30. NIKE`S HOLOGRAPHIC AD"Ads have certainly become even more high-tech and captivating, where a trend is evident in using new forms oftechnology to convey creative messages. The sportswear company Nike collaborated with media agencies Mindshare,Kinetic and JCDDecaux for its holographic outdoor advertising campaign in Amsterdam. The campaign is the ﬁrst inholographic 3-D advertising and could pave tehe way for future ads just like this.. The ad basically consists ofa Holocube that shows a hologram of the Nike Free moving around and bending forward and back to simulate itsﬂexibility.! Via: http://www.psfk.com/2013/04/nike-hologram-ad.html!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=tftbCEvZvbY!!
31. THE WATERPROOF TABLET"Tablets are everywhere! In the living room, it can replace your remote. On vacation, it can replace your camera. In thebathtub, it can replace your ﬂoating rubber ducky. Yep, after all the others Sony is now coming out with a dunkable,waterproof Android tablet and smartphone. Get wet with the Sony experia Tablet Z! "Via: http://www.gettheﬁve.com/articles/the-idealist/get-wet-with-the-sony-xperia-tablet-z/!!
32. IT‘S TIME TO DISCUSS"Online discussions are an increasingly common part of the way the world communicates. At its core, Disqus provides themechanism for people to provide comments on websites and blogs; but the bigger opportunity for Disqus is to helppeople ﬁnd new communities to explore their passions. In a nutshell: the aim is to build better and stronger onlinecommunities. And they are succesful, where already 2.5 million sites use this program.!Via: http://www.gettheﬁve.com/articles/the-idealist/ﬁve-scoop-its-time-to-disqus/!!
33. SMART WATCHES"Smart Watches have been around for the last decade. The wearable computing device has failed to take off for onereason or another: they looked ugly, were too bulky, had weak functionality, or the battery life was not good enough.However, over the last nine months a number of new smart watches have emerged that could change consumers’perceptions. Market intelligence ﬁrm ABI Research projects more than 1.2 million smart watches will be shipped in 2013.!Via: http://www.abiresearch.com/press/more-than-one-million-smart-watches-will-be-shippe!!
34. INSIGHTS &OPINIONS"
35. THE RISE OF ONLINE VIDEO ADS"Online video advertising appears to have crossed a signiﬁcant threshold: Its now common and routine for Americans towatch more than 10 billion video ads per month. Reach, however, is a different issue. That appears to be stuck at justover 50% of the online population — meaning that only half of everyone online in any given month sees a video ad. The10 million views per month threshold was crossed in June 2012, and has been routinely crossed ever since.!Via: http://www.businessinsider.com/video-advertising-views-per-month-2013-4!!
36. WOMEN`S PERCEPTION OF THEMSELVES"Doves new "real beauty" campaign, by Ogilvy, employed an FBI sketch artist to help show women that they are morebeautiful than they think. Without ever seeing the women in question, forensic artist Gil Zamora asked women to describethemselves. He then asked strangers who had previously interacted with the subjects to describe the very women. Somepeople love the statement Dove is making with this new ad. Others hate it: They ﬁnd for example that the video onlyfocuses on a very small subset of women and little minorities are shown. Now you can build your own opinion on thisimpactful ad, love it or hate it? !Via: http://www.businessinsider.com/why-people-hate-doves-real-beauty-ad-2013-4!!Watch it on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=XpaOjMXyJGk!!
37. HERE`S HOW TO WIN AT CANNES LIONS!"It s awards season – woot woot! Here are some ingredients to a successful case study. It s neither exhaustive nor amagic formula — but it s a start. 0/An Idea - make sure it’s a real idea, not technology masking an idea. 1/Time - don’tmake the judges wait. 2/Storytelling – make it interesting. 3/ The reveal – the idea or concept should have an “ah-ha”moment. 4/ Style – Don’t use a custom video player and don’t put it on your shitty agency video server.!Via: http://www.adverblog.com/2013/04/04/ways-to-turn-your-case-study-into-cannes-gold/!!Watch it on: http://www.adverblog.com/2013/04/04/ways-to-turn-your-case-study-into-cannes-gold/!!
38. HOW YOU CAN REACH YOUNGER CUSTOMERS"Launched only three years ago, Pinterest is currently the third-largest social media platform in the US behind Facebookand Twitter. Of those 5.5 million US online adults who use Pinterest to research products for purchase, 65% are youngerthan 35 and 33% have an average household income of more than $100,000. So if you‘re looking to reach youngercustomers, Pinterest may just be the platform for you.!Via: http://blogs.forrester.com/reineke_reitsma/13-04-12-the_data_digest_the_unique_proﬁle_of_pinterest_users!!
39. IT‘S A MOBILE WORLD"We all know that mobile commerce is booming, but check out this infographic from Afﬁliate Window looking at just howmuch it has grown over the last few years and what the trends are that are driving it.! !Via: http://mandmglobal.com/community/blog/13-04-17/It-s-a-mobile-world-the-rise-of-m-commerce.aspx!!See the whole infographic on:http://mandmglobal.com/community/blog/13-04-17/It-s-a-mobile-world-the-rise-of-m-commerce.aspx!!
40. Released by Planning Department Frankfurt April/May 2013 For submission of interesting news, inspiration and comments please submit email@example.com "