1. Geeks Talk Sexy: part 2 the other half of the population
2. Geeks talk sexy: part 2 You can tweet us on @sexygeeksmcr Use the hash tag #sexygeeks Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Geeks talk sexy: Running order 7.15pm welcome and recap of previous event 7.20pm discuss the post it notes 7.30pm discussion 7.45pm show some web content 8pm short BREAK 8.10pm rants and raves 8.20pm discussion with special guest 8.45pm Conclusion 9pm round up and outlook for next event
4. Geeks talk sexy: Recap What is a geek? What are the geek stereotypes? The conclusion we found last time...
5. Geeks talk sexy: Meeting How do you meet people of the other sex? How did you meet partners in the past?
6. Geeks talk sexy: Interacting How do you interact with the other sex? How do women interact in this male dominated world? Can men and woman really have platonic relationships? How to comfort a crying woman - http://www.wikihow.com/Comfort-a-Crying-Woman
7. Geeks talk sexy: To the internet The Game: Penetrating the secret society of pick up artists - http://www.amazon.com/Game-Penetrating-Secret-Society-Artists/dp/0060554738 The pickup artist with mystery - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRZb8FrZeIU Neil Strauss interview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0omMTu9Ax8 The lies people tell in online dating - http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-biggest-lies-in-online-dating/ The mathematics of beauty - http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/the-mathematics-of-beauty/ How Your Race Affects The Messages You Get - http://blog.okcupid.com/index.php/your-race-affects-whether-people-write-you-back/ White chicks and gang signs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKTDRqQtPO8
8. Geeks talk sexy: Cocktail break Time for a BREAK... grab a cocktail and get ready for the second half in 15mins Dont forget to sign up for our special "rants" in the second half @sexygeeksmcr | #sexygeeks | email@example.com
9. Geeks talk sexy: rules of the rant Strictly 60 seconds per person (we will be timing) Stand up Bad experiences dating or meeting the opposite sex We will be taking note and maybe tweeting To get you started... fake male/female profiles on chat/IM/social networking platforms women seen as "dating material" at tech events white chicks and gang signs
11. Geeks talk sexy: In conclusion Good dates, bad dates, pretty fucking awful dates A brief idea of some of the dates I’ve had - http://cubicgarden.com/2010/12/20/online-dating-goes-a-little-like- Serial Dater = Cubicgarden?
12. Geeks talk sexy: Next, the disclaimer We are fully aware that this title is only a vague approximation to reality and that gender is not just binary. We are in no way assuming that there are only straight, cis, monogamous, male or female geeks in this community. For the purpose of this talk we picked the most obvious intersection for arising problems, which is the role of women in the geek community that is usually only discussed from a professional point of view. We hope this decision does not offend anyone and that people of all genders and orientations Thanks for joining us for the talk. Look out for part 3 in March...
13. Thank you for coming now to common...Ian Forrester | Samantha Bail | Hwayoung Jung Presentation : CC BY-NC-SA