We will get back to this later… but here’s what Seth Godin says.Goes beyond logos and so forth, but let’s start there..
11:25-11:45Marketing all the time:Practice
1. Brand Identity
2. What’s our brand?
3. What’s our brand?A brand is the set of expectations, memories, stories and relationships that, taken together, account for a consumer’s decision to choose one product or service over another. If the consumer (whether it’s a business, a buyer, a voter or a donor) doesn’t pay a premium, make a selection or spread the word, then no brand value exists for that consumer. A brands value is merely the sum total of how much extra people will pay, or how often they choose, the expectations, memories, stories and relationships of one brand over the alternatives. – Seth Godin
4. Brand do’s and don’ts• Lots of rules… find them at UnitedWayofEastCentralIowa.org/marketing• The basics: – Don’t change the logo! – Don’t change LIVE UNITED
5. What are your taglines?
6. Some Consumer Feedback• GIVE, ADVOCATE, VOLUNTEER – Pushy!• LIVE UNITED - ??
7. Tagline Options• Use them• Don’t use them• Secondarily only
8. Taglines in Cedar Rapids
9. Taglines• Apple’s tagline?• Think different.• The power to be your best.• Think outside the box.
10. Taglines• Bank of America?• Higher standards.
11. Taglines• McDonald’s?• Did somebody say McDonald’s?• Find more at: http://www.taglineguru.com/
13. How the Brand Ties to Our Business Model
14. Brand promise“A brands value is merely the sum total of how much extra people will pay, or how often they choose, the expectations, memories, stories and relationships of one brand over the alternatives.” - Godin
15. Building a brand (History)• TV ads• Other traditional ads• Today? Look at my socks!
16. Brand promisesShout out first thing that comes to mind!
17. What do you want people to shout out for us? Is that what they say?
18. Your brand sells your product• Who owns an Android phone?• Who owns an iPhone?• Would you buy the other?
19. What do we sell?Community impact How do you sell that?
20. Marketing your brand!• How many in your marketing department?• Learn how to market all the time!
21. Your elevator speech• In 20-30 seconds describe what your United Way does!• Share at table!
22. LunchYay! See ya at 1!
23. Basics of a story!• You want to talk about it!• Elements to cover: Big picture, emotion, expert! (Remember what we are selling)• Channels!
24. Tell stories• Small group exercise: – Share stories! – What are the elements? – How to share the story?• Report back
25. Tell stories Social Network B SocialNetwork A Social Network C Website Print materialsOther Press releases
26. How to reach people?• Be out there!• Transparency• Tell stories• Be known for what you are!
27. Questions? Stay in touch!• firstname.lastname@example.org• Twitter.com/ctrappe• Facebook.com/ctrappe• 319-804-9853