To create a value added service for both farmers and businesses.
What is the problem?
1. Farmers unable to source buyers for their agricultural produce
2. Businesses unable to source large amounts of Agricultural produce
3. Foreign buyers unable to access local value chain
4. Agro-processors unable to source crops in shortages
5. Farmers getting small margins on their produce.
Agrocentral: Jamaica’s very first digital agriculture
Use Web to SMS technology to
connect small farmers to big
Allow farmers to post their
available produce to the platform
Fill orders by using our database
of crops to source and deliver
produce to businesses
How it works
Businesses share their demand
using Buying Requests
Farmers share their supply using
Bidding allows farmers to
competitively respond to selling
posts made by businesses.
We handle payment in two simple
Payment is received from
Payment is then processed and
sent to farmers via bank transfer,
mobile money or a money transfer
The are roughly 5,000 restaurants
in Jamaica (Spending $20,000+(JMD)
a week on produce)
More than 250 Hotels in Jamaica
(Spending $100,000+(JMD) a week
Large database of
Utilization of ICT (Web, SMS and
Smartphone application) to allow
inclusion of all stakeholders in
with Telecoms provider
and governments entities
Our advantages: A Value added service for both end users.
● Paid Subscription Business
● Transaction Fees (10-15%)
● SMS/Mobile Advertising for
Agricultural stakeholders and
● Sale of relevant supply and
demand data to various
How we will make money
2015 2016 2017 2018
● Winners of Jamaica Startup
● Showcased at Kingston Beta
(Jamaica's largest startup events)
● Winners of the InfoDev Investment
● Selected to showcase at the
Fin4AG conference in Nairobi
Kenya Plug and Play Day (July
Jermaine Henry | CEO
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.