Making Contents Page
Upcoming SlideShare
Loading in...5
×
 

Making Contents Page

on

  • 328 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
328
Views on SlideShare
208
Embed Views
120

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

1 Embed 120

http://ctorralbamedia.blogspot.co.uk 120

Accessibility

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Adobe PDF

Usage Rights

© All Rights Reserved

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

Making Contents Page Making Contents Page Presentation Transcript

  • Contents page 11/12/13 I used the font "Morris" for the title of my contents page and decreased the tracking to make the text more compact. I have chosen this font because not all the letters look a bit messy whilst still being clear and readable.
  • 16/12/13 I've left some space at the top of the page for the main picture of my contents page which will be a picture of the band Imperium. Underneath that, I've placed my headings: Features, News, Reviews, Regulars and Competitions using the same font as the title, only in a smaller size. I have also started writing out my article titles and their accompanying text in "Alte Haas Grotesk". For the article titles I've made the font bold and the size a little bit smaller than the headings. As for the little bit of information underneath, I have used a slightly smaller font size than the article title and kept the font style to regular.
  • 16/12/13 Then I finished adding all the article information to the page and arranged the layout properly to accommodate the texts and images present. I have also added a border and drop shadow to my images to make them stand out more against the plain background.
  • 19/12/13 I added more colour to the page by making the page numbers red and adding a red line under the headings. I have made the lines slightly slanted so that it looks more creative and not too ordinary. Changing the colour of the page numbers gives a very clear and visual separation between the pieces of written information which are close to each other.
  • 08/01/14 Through playing around and trying out different fonts, I have decided to change the fonts of my title and headings to “Punk Rock Show”. I think this font gives more of a rock genre vibe because of the punk-style black blocks behind each letter. I also changed the font of the issue information under the title, the headlines and the page numbers to “Dirty Headline”. I had to increase the tracking of the letters, otherwise some particular letters would look like they were stuck together and be very difficult to read. Finally, I added a small masthead to beside the title of the page, and the page number at the corner of the page.
  • 16/01/14 I placed all of my images on the page and moved around some of the text on the page. I added some black bars behind the headings which I found particularly useful when I still hadn’t added on my main image. Because there was a lot of empty space at the top right, I added the magazine’s website information there and edited the colour scheme of the page. Firstly, I made the some parts of the website information red to highlight the magazine’s name. Then I also changed the colour of the masthead from black to red, as well as the headings of each section from black to red.
  • 22/01/14 I changed the background colour of the page to black, therefore I had to also change the font colours in order for them to be seen. I changed all the previously black text to white and all the other previously black shapes to white. I also dragged the images out to the very edge of the pages and added captions and page numbers next to each picture. For the page number, I used the font “Future Rot” in a size 12 font and for the captions I used “Alte Haas Grotesk” in a size 7 font.
  • 23/01/14 I switched the font colour of the title of the page to red and the masthead colour to white. Then I added the subscription information at the top right of the page using the font “Broken Detroit”. To highlight some of the key information, I made them red, and as for the “Subscribe Now” title, I made the size of it bigger so that it stands out more. I also moved the contact information and issue information to the right of the title, to make space for the subscription information.
  • 29/01/14 I added an image of the band in my double-page spread to this page and moved the articles around. I also centred the subscription information at the top right of the page.
  • 30/01/14 I moved the title and other information at the top of the page higher so that I could make more room for articles. Then I removed the image of Nothing Yet and also decreased the size of Jakob Brennan’s image.