TOP 10 CSRMOMENTS OF 2011 Where News Gets Its News
1. WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM @ DAVOS CEOs from major companies (Novo Nordisk, Nestle,Johnson & Johnson, Unilever, BT, etc.) introduce the... WORKPLACE WELLNESS ALLIANCEWhy: Return on investment in employee health demonstrated to beas high as $4 for every $1 spent. Where News Gets Its News
2. Corporations discover value of supply chain engagementA new report by A.T. Kearney demonstrates emerging trend in increased... SUPPLY CHAIN ENGAGEMENTWhy: More than 50% of large businesses and 25% of their suppliersindicate signiﬁcant savings from carbon management programs. Where News Gets Its News
3. GRI LAUNCHES FOCAL POINT USAGRI launches its North American operations, giving a signiﬁcant boost toCSR/Sustainability reporting among the Fortune 1000, and increasingly,Integrated Reporting. GLOBAL REPORTING INITIATIVE Why: Non-ﬁnancial reporting is on the rise with GRI uniquely positioned to be the leader in standardization. Where News Gets Its News
4. Edelman’s Trust Barometer: U.S. Economy Losing Trust5,075 college-educated, upper middle class, media-savvy and politicallyinformed respondents from 23 countries, ages 25-64, set the bar fortrust in four sectors: Business, Government, Media and NGOs. NON GOVERNMENT ORGANIZATIONS Why: Prolonged recession, hiring at an all time low, consumer mistrust in the market, mortgage bubble. Where News Gets Its News
5. Rebalancing Management EducationHarvard and Wharton announce SIGNIFICANT REVAMPING of their MBAprograms, adding new required courses with an increased focus on... ETHICS AND TEAMWORK Why: According to the WSJ: “Its an unusual step away from the schools lauded case-study method of teaching and the start of a planned overhaul —made more urgent as the school seeks to restore a reputation tarnished by the ﬁnancial crisis.” Where News Gets Its News
6. INDIA MANDATES CSR “SPENDING”In a historic move the Indian government passes a bill mandating everycompany meeting certain proﬁtability standards annually... "shall be required to spend every year at least 2% of the companys average net proﬁt during the three immediately-preceding ﬁnancial years, on CSR activities of the companys choosing.”Why: Corporate social responsibility increasingly a focus as corruption andthe role of business in social reform is questioned. For now, Indiatranslates CSR as corporate philanthropy. Where News Gets Its News
7. Occupy Wall Street: Inequity & social reform hits the street“Occupy Wall Street is a leaderless resistance movement with people of many colors,genders and political persuasions. The one thing we all have in common is that We AreThe 99% that will no longer tolerate the greed and corruption of the 1%.” CAN CAPITALISM ADAPT?Why: In decades, a movement gains in unseen before surges quicklygoing global in strength and resilience. As CSRwire asked: CANCAPITALISM ADAPT? Where News Gets Its News
8. QUIRKY CSR JOB POSTING OF THE YEAR The National Football League (NFL) advertises job opening for a MANAGER OF FAN STRATEGY AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY! MANAGER FAN STRATEGY CSRWhy: While we understand the growing social consciousness reﬂected inthe posting, weʼd love to know from the League: Any luck with the search? Where News Gets Its News
9. CSR Sector Discovers Value of GamificationFrom EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT to PHILANTHROPY to CAUSEMARKETING CAMPAIGNS, effectiveness of gamiﬁcation is experimented bymarketers, human resources as well as change managers across industries. ENGAGEMENT PHILANTHROPY CAUSE MARKETINGWhy: With hiring at a standstill organizations must depend on innovativeideas to keep employees productive, charged and motivated. Where News Gets Its News
10. QUALITY OF LIFE INDEXES GAIN GROUND The powerful OECD launches the Better Life Index "GDP focuses economic competition between nations, justifying interest rates on their sovereign bonds; GDP obsesses politicians seeking election and all business leaders.”Why: According to Hazel Henderson: “GDP tracks national output usingmoney ﬂows, which its inventor Simon Kuznets warned was never intendedto measure overall progress.” Where News Gets Its News
TOP 10 CSR MOMENTS OF 2011Gain knowledge and insight about corporate social responsibility (CSR). Visit our CSR channel on CommPRO.biz. Click Here to View BROUGHT TO YOU BY www.CSRwire.com Follow us on Twitter: @CSRwire www.CommPRO.biz Follow us on Twitter: @Commprobiz
Contact CSRwire about our Distribution and Syndication Opportunities SO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?LETʼS TALK HAVE IMPORTANT NEWS TO SHARE?(802) 251-0110 (802) 251-0110 firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org CONNECT WITH US ON Twitter @CSRwire
A particular slide catching your eye?
Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later.