2. What human activity might we find here? Why? What disadvantages are there to living in areas like this? What might farmers use the slopes for? What advantages are there to living in areas like this? The Alps – a young fold mountain range
3. Mexican immigrants in to the USA Why are they leaving Mexico? What attracts them to the USA? How does it affect the USA? How does it affect Mexico? Remember social, economic and environmental affects.
4. Cambridge Science Park What are the main features of this science park? Why do high tech industries want to locate here?
5. Happisburgh – a rapidly eroding coastline Why is it eroding so quickly? Why has it not been defended? What might be the consequences of not defending this coastline? What are the advantages to not defending this coastline? Remember social, economic and environmental affects.
6. North Hoyle Wind Farm – renewable energy What makes this place suitable for wind energy? What are the advantages of wind energy? What are the arguments against wind energy?
7. Lake District (Ambleside – a ‘honeypot’) What are the natural attractions to the Lake District? What are the human attractions to the Lake District? What conflicts can tourism create in this area?
8. Boscastle – a flood in a MEDC What were the causes of the flood? How did the flood affect the area? How could future floods be prevented?
9. South Korea – a NIC What are NICs? What kind of industries can be found here? What might be the consequences of not defending this coastline? What factors have helped industry develop here?
10. West Runton Why is West Runton eroding? What defences are there here?
11. China’s one child policy Why did China need this policy? How did they get people to stick to one child? What were the negative consequences of the policy?
12. Kerala – controlling population growth Why did Kerala need this policy? How did they slow population growth? What were the benefits of this method compared to China?
13. Kenya – tourism in a LEDC Why do people visit Kenya? What problems does tourism bring? What benefits does tourism bring?
14. Bangladesh – flood in a LEDC What were the causes of the flood? How did the flood affect the area? How could future floods be prevented?
15. Port Talbot – an industrial area in the UK What industry can be found here? Why did this industry set up in this area? Why did the industry decline here? What benefits did it bring to the area? What were the impacts of the decline? (Social, economic, environmental)
16. Montserrat – volcanic eruption in a LEDC What happened? Why did it happen? What were the responses? What were the effects?
17. Britain’s ageing population Why is our population ageing? What problems can be caused by the population ageing? How can we deal with an ageing population?
18. Chad – refugees from Darfur Why are people living like this? Why have they left Darfur (Sudan)? How does this affect Chad?
19. Flamborough Head – Holderness Coast What is this? How does it form? What is this? How does it form? What processes of erosion affect these cliffs?
20. Kobe – earthquake in a MEDC What happened? Why did it happen? What were the responses? What were the effects?