• Share
  • Email
  • Embed
  • Like
  • Save
  • Private Content
23  25 jan 2013 csisa kathmandu ppp dealer training ravikanth
 

23 25 jan 2013 csisa kathmandu ppp dealer training ravikanth

on

  • 305 views

 

Statistics

Views

Total Views
305
Views on SlideShare
305
Embed Views
0

Actions

Likes
0
Downloads
0
Comments
0

0 Embeds 0

No embeds

Accessibility

Categories

Upload Details

Uploaded via as Microsoft PowerPoint

Usage Rights

CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike LicenseCC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike LicenseCC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License

Report content

Flagged as inappropriate Flag as inappropriate
Flag as inappropriate

Select your reason for flagging this presentation as inappropriate.

Cancel
  • Full Name Full Name Comment goes here.
    Are you sure you want to
    Your message goes here
    Processing…
Post Comment
Edit your comment

    23  25 jan 2013 csisa kathmandu ppp dealer training ravikanth 23 25 jan 2013 csisa kathmandu ppp dealer training ravikanth Presentation Transcript

    • PPPs to strengthen Input Availability and Knowledge Networks for Agronomy Basics Through Dealer TrainingKathmandu – Jan 24, 2013
    • What is Public Private Partnership?• Collaboration between public & private sector entities• Joint planning and execution• Accomplish certain common objectives• Sharing the costs, risks and benefits
    • Public Private Partnerships inAgriculture : Background• National Agriculture Policy and the approach paper for 10th Plan emphasized the need for reforms in agriculture extension• Ministry of Agriculture emphasized the use of Multi Agency Extension Services such as multi national companies, corporate bodies, NGOs, farmers associations, input dealers etc.
    • Public Private Partnerships inAgriculture : Scope• Research & Development• Inputs• Extension• Education & Training• Infrastructure Development• Agribusiness Management• Credit
    • Significant role of private sector• Markets on the rise• Public sector retrenching• Q: Can the private sector reach small farmers?• A: Millions of farmers are reached commercially every day. More could be reached through - EFFECTIVE PARTNERSHIPS
    • Crucial role of agriculture inputdealers : Market Led Extension• Large network: about 282,000 (source: MANAGE)• Nearly 90% of them do not have any formal education in agriculture• Can spearhead our social marketing efforts for…- Technology dissemination- Resource of recommendations &- As a focal point or broker for service providersCSISA Input Dealers Farmers
    • Access to Information India: 90m small farms < 2 haAbout 40% of these farmers areaccessing information. Of these, mostget it from INPUT DEALERS – directly orvia progressive farmers!How to consolidate this advance andreach the remaining 60%?(Source: NSSO, 2005/7)
    • Access to Information (Source: NSSO, 2005/7)
    • Input Suppliers as a source ofextensionInput suppliers:• The crop science industry, agro-dealers• Rural businesses like…..-Hariyali Kisaan Bazaar;-Godrej Agrovet Ltd;-E-Choupal etc.
    • Input Suppliers as a source ofextensionInput suppliers understand that they sell not products, but effects.This necessarily requires knowledgetransfer to go along with the sale ofproducts.
    • Networks as source of extensionExtension advanced through networksinvolving:• Distributors• Retailers• NGOs, technical personnel• Lead farmers• Farmer organizations• Women’s groups• Advertisement (Radio, TV, Internet etc)
    • Dealer Training in Bihar & EUP146 (38 in EUP & 108 in Bihar) Dealers ofNFL were trained on basic agronomyaspects like….• Technologies to improve productivity• Water Management• Nutrient Management• Weed Managementin cereal based cropping systems
    • PPPs in Education and Training :ScopePublic Sector:National Institute of Agriculture ExtensionManagement (MANAGE), HyderabadOne Year Diploma in formal agricultureeducation, exclusively for input dealersNational Fertilizers Limited (NFL), UnitedPhosphorous Limited, etcPrivate Sector:Syngenta, Bayer, Monsanto etc
    • Training to Input Dealers(open for discussion)Objectives:•Orientation on location specific agriculturetechnologies and specific package of practices•Building capacity in efficient handling of inputs•Providing knowledge on the laws governingagriculture inputs•Transforming them as information resourcebase at the local level for the farmingcommunity
    • Training to Input Dealers(open for discussion)•A certified course, on the lines of CCA?•Target Audience: Can it be extended toothers, with a slight modification ofcontents?h•Duration?•Contents?•Scope of PPP: Training delivery &preparation of study material•Delivery of instructions: Classroom?Distance mode? Field visits?