Blake Killian- Blake Impossible: Doing It With A Day Job
Hi, I'm Blake.
• Food blogger
• Idea guy
• Brita blogger
• Louisiana native
• LSU grad
• World traveler (Going to China in Sep.)
• Creator of TweetMyBumper.com
• Working on FiveBuckFoodie.com
• Developing a Web series for Springwise.com,
called, Blake Impossible
• Creating a blog for Snap Fitness, Blake In A
• Funeral conglomerate marketing guy
There are opportunities that are waiting for me that no list can
predict or contain.
24 x $150 = $3,600
Blake Makes Post Schedule
1. Monday: Food
2. Tuesday: Business & Ideas (Magazine)
3. Wednesday: Giveaway
4. Thursday: Off, or a Mon., Tues. post
5. Friday: Food Face + Giveaway Announcement
The first food magazine...
(Yes, an actual glossy paper printed publication)
Let's focus on one of
Start with a strong product.
Seth Godin would call it a
We sold over 2,000 hats
in the last 9 days of the
Although twitter and facebook are utterly powerful, and
incomprehensibly large, we (marketers) are still walking
door-to-door selling vacuum cleaners...
...or at least we need to think we are. Real money and real
success comes from real products that you can touch and
taste and wear and eat and smell and break and drive.
But, even if they are virtual, they need to be valuable and
unique and life-enhancing.
How do I do it all?
Well, I don't. Not all the time. I get a lot of things
wrong. I miss a lot of details. I have a lot of bad
But, it's all forward momentum.
How do I do it all?
1. I make lists and constantly prioritize them.
2. I have ideas, constantly, and capture them all in lists.
3. I try to accomplish something every day after hours: a
blog post, a logo, a URL, a page on a site, etc.
4. I work weekends (Sundays mostly).
5. I dream.
6. I vision board.
7. I network and connect and meet people. I make people
know me - who I am, what I do.
8. I solve problems.
9. I make money.
10.I deliberately try to WOW people.
about it all.
I play by my own rules, so that way I can make
mistakes. I'm upfront about getting things wrong,
having things be crazy-chaotic and about not having all
But, don't get me wrong. I'm
Be confident (not cocky) and creative. Sell yourself and
sell your products. Follow your passion, and do the
You'll be surprised how much success you'll find along